XTR

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Booked waco surf for three days in Easter and only told her the dates I'll be gone.

But I also don't really spend money on anything but boards, so she has no reason to be suspicious and really no need to be concerned. I literally don't spend money except food and surfboards. Occasional tee and boardshorts here and there.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
View attachment 149581

i’ve had to add off-site storage in two locations. LOL. Wife knows I’ve got a lot and laughs about it but really doesn’t know the actual number of boars.

I’ve never asked before buying a boar. The 3-pack I could understand tho. Curious what is the dollar amount of a purchase for yourself that you guys feel you would need to discuss with your wife/partner/boss first?
My deal with the wifey of almost 23 years is I can get a new one once a year. If I’m selling old ones to finance a new one, I can do that to my heart’s content. Of course she thinks borts are $600ish and I’m not exactly showing her invoices of what Varials are costing me/us. She’s on a warpath to retire early, but I still like the shiny shiny and delude myself that the next one will get me back to my 20’s/30’s level of performance.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Picked this 5'10" up earlier. Didn't go purps this time. Stoked to get it in the water as it feels reaaally good under the calibrated arm. Foiled rails with foam hidden in the middle.
Which model is that?

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Its the Dark Twinn model from Duke. More of a CA friendly FE. You get a choice if you want the xtr lams on rail or bottom. I didn't have a pref on this one but seeing how big the Aipa logo is, bottom probably would of looked cleaner
I've been thinking of switching the FE for a Dark Twinn, cuz I live in S. California. You doing a ride report anywhere?

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I've been thinking of switching the FE for a Dark Twinn, cuz I live in S. California. You doing a ride report anywhere?
Give me about a month on it and can drop some thoughts. Looks like it will go. Kinda has a crazy deep double in the tail

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Give me about a month on it and can drop some thoughts. Looks like it will go. Kinda has a crazy deep double in the tail
I'm particularly curious about the deep v in the tail and how that goes.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 10.17.38 AM.png

Incidentally, I just noticed in the YouTube video of Duke talking about the DT and comparing it with the FE on Surf'nShow that YouTube posted a disinformation warning thing because 'Flat Earth' is in the title. That's hilarious.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 10.24.25 AM.png