XTR Christmas Sale till 01/01/2019

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Racer1 said:
My Patterson IF-15 arrived today. 6'1" x 19.5" x 2.5" XTR 8.C - First reaction is that the model isn't your typical HP WCT board, it's actually a pretty full outline, rail and foil. Kinda wish I went with slimmer and thinner dimensions than what I did. Might get it in the water this afternoon. Little bit of windswell. Might wait for better waves.

Wow!

That looks really nice :facelick:

Surprised it has a fuller rail and foil. That isn't Timmy's typical style when it comes to hpsb's.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Racer1- looks like a sweet one. Is this meant to be a DD? I'm warming up to the idea of colored boards, especially ones that are still clean & subtle, like this. I tend to keep my boards for years, and the yellowing looks bad... although the XTRs have fared the best with remaining white.

I keep expecting there to be a glut of custom mishaps from their Xmas sale orders, but I haven't really seen much pop up on their stock section.

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
Racer1 said:
Thanks Deforest.

Ok, I forced the issue and paddled it out. It was waist high and sloppy, but the board worked surprisingly well. Really fast. Felt a little stiff at first, but got used to it. Looking forward to riding it in better waves.
I liked the Italo board I had with smaller rakey fins. Coupled with the tail rocker, it turned on a dime.

Jul 5, 2009
anyone had their 8.0 feeling heavy? I had mine in the 8.0 glassing schedule, and a few people had mentioned the board seems a tad heavier than most normal boards.

Jul 5, 2009
interesting, I've had the opposite, event some of the shapers who's touched the board were shocked on how heavy they felt... maybe I just got one that was glassed extra heavy.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Racer you get the patterson wet again yet?

Just got home from my trip and felt up my F15. I only went 2 7/16" thick thankfully and the rails through the midsection aren't too bad but the tail thickness is kinda crazy. Pretty sure it's the thickest tail of any HPSB I've ever owned. I dig the rocker and outline and the squash tail isn't super wide so it should still sink but it's definitely kinda trippy.

Pyzel Gremlin feels pretty good. A bit chunky in the rails @ 2 1/2" but I got it for crap waves so I think it will be fun.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
Racer you get the patterson wet again yet?
I have surfed it three times and I'm trying not to go full hyperbole just yet (It feels incredible).

More importantly, how was the trip??
Trip was epic. Had one of my best surf sessions ever on the Ghost. Rode the Phantom and an EPS GrinderX the most.

Glad to hear you're liking the f15. I should be able to test mine in a few days.

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Slightly off-topic, but I recently picked up a Varial New Sun OTR at his shop. Thing is looking magic, and I'd absolutely love to try a IF-15 in XTR. Really looking forward to hearing more about how yours handles.