XTR Christmas Sale till 01/01/2019

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
It says on their site

How the process work.

Once we get an order, we ask the shaper (Tomo, Lost, Merrick, Rusty , Pyzel, Roberts, JHP, etc) for the file of that specific surfboard, we also help get the right volume and the exact flex for an specific weight of the surfer and wave size for that particular board.

The shaper will email the file to us, we cut the XTR foam in house with our new CNC shape 3D shaping machine, then we send the blank back to the shaper for a custom shape.

The last step is when we get the blank already shaped and sign by the original shaper, we just glass with our non-yellowing environmental friendly Epoxy resin, to match the flex and durability, then we oven cured the board, apply the Thermovents and arrange shipping.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
YakAK said:
Goodfish said:
sakana_kid said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
shoot, I'm sorry. I was just literally hemming and hawing over F15 dims, trying to decide between a 6'3 and 6'4 when I saw your post and then it made me question everything lol
Switched it to a 6'1 with a little bit wider and thicker than stock dimensions.
Cheaper to ship 2 in a box Racer? Do you email and Javier helps you work out dimensions? Do the shapers check them at all? I’ve seen a bunch of Tomo boards that look like they were signed by Dan.
Shey told me boxing two together and shipping them actually costs more than boxing 2 individually and shipping. I think it gets cheaper if you go for 3. Don't ask me why...

This sale pokes me to order a Phantom, but...I...will...resist...
Come on Goodfish, order that Phantom. I know you have plenty of room on that rooftop for more boards. :)
Don't tempt me! My board rack is full, and a quiver of 5 boards is all my mind can cope with!

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
rts265 said:
Thinking I’ll do wood stringer. Will it be super stiff? Will I regret not going SL-CK?
I think so. SL-CK is pretty cool and if you're going with this construction, why not take advantage of their unique technology.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
kool-aid said:
rts265 said:
Thinking I’ll do wood stringer. Will it be super stiff? Will I regret not going SL-CK?
I think so. SL-CK is pretty cool and if you're going with this construction, why not take advantage of their unique technology.
I really like the feel of the stringered XTR 8.c builds so far. I want to try the SL-CK construction but I'm right on the edge weight-wise (175ish lbs.) so I dunno whether to go red or yellow. It makes sense for a small wave board but I'm wary to trust stringerless boards in bigger waves and the added cost is fairly significant.

I am curious though so I'll have try one eventually.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I have an sl-ck gmm2 and don’t notice anything special vs a stringered eps board. I’ll go stringered 8.0 if I order. That’s Stretch glassing schedule for CFT

Still on the fence

Looking at Roberts brofish

Cybersim

Any suggestions for tomo other than evo?

Apr 29, 2013
Oregon
More XTR pron. This just arrived the other day. Wife's custom Lost Lazy Toy 5'7" 31 liters. Small wave board and we're in Oregon so it hasn't seen any use yet as we just got it a couple weeks ago. Construction: 8.0 Stringerless with resin tint. Construction seems solid. Sorry no ride report.

[img:center]https://forum.surfer.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=88786[/img]

[img:center]https://forum.surfer.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=88787[/img]

Wait time was as promised about 8 weeks. Great transparency of the order progress with weekly updates visible on their website. Shay was very pleasant to work with.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Aruka said:
kool-aid said:
rts265 said:
I really like the feel of the stringered XTR 8.c builds so far. I want to try the SL-CK construction but I'm right on the edge weight-wise (175ish lbs.) so I dunno whether to go red or yellow. It makes sense for a small wave board but I'm wary to trust stringerless boards in bigger waves and the added cost is fairly significant.

I am curious though so I'll have try one eventually.
I'm the same. Went SL-CK red on my daily drivers (SP2 and Hydrosquash), then SL-CK yellow on my Hydronaut.

rts265 said:
Get an SP2 if they're still allowed to make them. I like mine much more than I ever liked the 3 EVOs I went through...

sakana_kid

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 24, 2009
waxurDyl said:
MrSteve said:
sakana_kid said:
Racer1 said:
Aruka said:
shoot, I'm sorry. I was just literally hemming and hawing over F15 dims, trying to decide between a 6'3 and 6'4 when I saw your post and then it made me question everything lol
I’ve seen a bunch of Tomo boards that look like they were signed by Dan.
It's all a clever ruse
Exactly! Made to LOOK LIKE they were signed by Dan, but we know better than that. But don’t let that discourage you from ordering one, it never stopped me...I’ve had lots of gems from XTR
:cheers:

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
I'd call them if you're concerned about which direction to go. I'm right on the edge too and have been going yellow.

One of them I got 8.0 and the other is 8.c. Honestly, I feel no difference and they both feel good to me.

If I order a dedicated small wave board from them this summer, I'll probably try red. How much can that carbon really make a difference? My guess is that thickness is a much more significant factor.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
kool-aid said:
I'd call them if you're concerned about which direction to go. I'm right on the edge too and have been going yellow.

One of them I got 8.0 and the other is 8.c. Honestly, I feel no difference and they both feel good to me.

If I order a dedicated small wave board from them this summer, I'll probably try red. How much can that carbon really make a difference? My guess is that thickness is a much more significant factor.
Which "models" have you tried in the yellow construction? The Stringered 8.c's I have are rated as pretty stiff. Do you think the yellow have more flex?

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
I was going to get a Timmy Patterson in XTR. I emailed Javier and Scotty about it, and Scotty said that Timmy picks up the blank and shapes it himself. It’s only glassed by XTR and finished by XTR. The shapping is done at Timmys shop.
I only went poly because i got a deal on one of Italo’s personal boards. Otherwise epoxy for sure.

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
rts265 said:
I have an sl-ck gmm2 and don’t notice anything special vs a stringered eps board. I’ll go stringered 8.0 if I order. That’s Stretch glassing schedule for CFT

Still on the fence

Looking at Roberts brofish

Cybersim

the Cymatic is incredible!!! The OB1 is XTR’s version in a diamond tail. Same rocker, rails and outline as the Cymatic. I’d definitely go with that one if you like Tomo’s! That my next board for sure. I think OB1 for a groveled and Hydroshort for bigger days. Perfect Tomo quiver for SO CAL.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
The gmm2 really covers a lot of bases though. Man my head is spinning.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Got this from "Javi" today after placing my order. What a guy!!! :grin:
Funny thing is, it actually came from 'xtrsales@epoxysurfboards.com'

Dear Stephen,

We are giving you a grand discount this Xmas season as part of our on
going sales for our customers.
On this same order you have placed with us you can order for it again
and we shall send you two of the same order and a bottle of XX wine to
mark this Xmas.
We are also working on the well being of our dedicated customer who was
attacked by a shark in Florida this year.
He is still in the hospital in Kansas City Missouri .
I want you to send your order payment to :
EDWARD CHARLES
KANSAS CITY ,MISSOURI 64106
Please send it via western union or moneygram ONLY. www.westernunion.com
for a location near you.
www.moneygram.com for a location near you.

Please send us a copy of the mtcn and the exact amount you sent via
western union or money gram .
www.westernunion.com for a location near you.
Sincerely yours,
Javier
Manager
epoxysurfboardsdistributor@gmail.com
XTR surfboards
230 Via Del Monte
Oceanside, CA 92058

epoxysurfboards.com