XTR Christmas Sale till 01/01/2019

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
rts265 said:
Small to sell overhead barrels
I'm impressed you use the GMM2 in hollow waves. Hasn't worked for me.

As for Tomo suggestions, I'd also suggest the OB1 or Hydroshort Squash. Both are supposed to be good all-around boards, since you got small waves covered already. After finally finding a used SP2, I was bit disappointed since I had heard such good things. It felt like a rough draft or prototype Cymatic, which is much more foiled at the rails and ends, and rockered in the tail. The SP2 just surfed kinda crude in comparison. So, if the OB1 is the closest to Cymatic that XTR can make, I'd go with that. Really one of the most fun boards I've ever ridden.
I'm curious about the Hydroshort Squash, but haven't heard too many ride reports on it or even seen one in person. I think that torpedo nose looks better than the blunter Evo/Omni/Cymatic nose.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I'm used to fat tailed boards.

I ordered another zippi, so xtr is on hold until next year

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Thinking of an OB1... It says it "can be ordered as a groveler or an all around high performance HP..." If you go wider on a planing hull board, do they widen the nose/ tail as well to maintain the outline, or just the widepoint, thereby increasing outline curve?

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
MrSteve said:
Thinking of an OB1... It says it "can be ordered as a groveler or an all around high performance HP..." If you go wider on a planing hull board, do they widen the nose as well to maintain the outline, or just the widepoint, thereby increasing outline curve?
I have similar questions for the OB1, what does a groveler vs a performance shape dims look like?

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
If you are on the fence about ordering Pattersons I would pull in for sure.

Just recently received 3 from Timmy, if15, pool party, and a new sun.

every single one of them flies!

shipping to maui was actually 3hundo+ : (

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
shaheeb said:

Hey Buddy, if you ever need to ship from continental US to here, use Hawaii Air Cargo:

www.HawaiiAirCargo.com

"Internet Shoppers Program" Ground ship from Timmy to their LA Office then it's 25 cents per pound to Oahu and 75 cents per pound to Maui. No limit on box size. Boards are usually light. I've shipped everything from boards to bed frames through them and saved money.

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
shaheeb said:

What did you think of the Pool Party compared to the IF15??

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
Mahlos Racer1 for the tip. have you tried h2o logistics? they have been good before also. the tree hundo deal was via airlines / 2 day shipping. fastest shipping for boarts ever : )

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
Need som moar time to give a good comparo, but basically have had a great surf on the if15 w large fins, and some pretty ok surfs on the pp in average to good conditions.

pp is slightly more swollen version/ more forgiving. but for real i think i'm still on the hunt for the right fin combo. (only tried mediums and think i need to go larges) 165lbs...

Truly, (and I'm not just saying this b/c they are new, have 12 different sick shtboards to choose from). These r some of the best boards i have ever had for sure. wish i would have gone this way sooner... xtr one is tempting.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
shaheeb said:
Mahlos Racer1 for the tip. have you tried h2o logistics? they have been good before also. the tree hundo deal was via airlines / 2 day shipping. fastest shipping for boarts ever : )
Never tried H20 Logistics, but Hawaii Air Cargo is fast. Probably 2 or 3 days and would have been like $100 for all three boards (including ground shipping from Timmy to LA).

sakana_kid

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 24, 2009
I’m ready to order and was set on getting an EVO till Shey mentioned the OB1. It looks as if it would be an easy transition and that the OB1 might offer even better performance. Not a lot of info out there. Does anyone have any experience on one? I gotta place my order soon.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
sakana_kid said:
I’m ready to order and was set on getting an EVO till Shey mentioned the OB1. It looks as if it would be an easy transition and that the OB1 might offer even better performance. Not a lot of info out there. Does anyone have any experience on one? I gotta place my order soon.
The OB1 is just a cymatic with a diamond tail and people seem to really like the cymatic. Give it a go!

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
JKB is 100% right. However I would guess that a diamond tail and a double bat-tail tail with a wing have some variances! The Cymatic is my favorite Tomo board thus far due to the rocker and how well the board grovels in small waves. Also how well it holds in big waves and how maneuverable it is. So I would presume the OB1 is a safe bet to be a winner! But I haven’t personally given it a go. I would suggest pulling the trigger on the OB1 and ordering some what in-line with the stock dims of the Cymatic. :)

I ordered a hydroshort thinking it would be a sort of step up version of the Cymatic but they are quite different. I’m happy with both but can’t help wanting to give the OB1 a shot!

Side note: if Tomo is reading, [:)] I think the Cymatic rocker, Vader outline and template and hydronaut nose would be an epic combo!

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Aruka

Doesn't look like Timmy picked up our blanks to shape yet :(

http://epoxysurfboards.com/order-status/

Guess it'll be longer than the 4 week turn around.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Racer1 said:
Aruka

Doesn't look like Timmy picked up our blanks to shape yet :(

http://epoxysurfboards.com/order-status/

Guess it'll be longer than the 4 week turn around.
Yeah I saw that. Still holding out hope that they will be ready for my Baja trip later this month...

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I've had that before, then suddenly got the message that the boards were on their way. They're usually right on the money time-wise, but I think Shey just forgets to update it sometimes...

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Goodfish said:
I've had that before, then suddenly got the message that the boards were on their way. They're usually right on the money time-wise, but I think Shey just forgets to update it sometimes...
ive had the same thing happen a couple times. The chart is about a week or more behind actual progress sometimes.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
My Patterson IF-15 arrived today. 6'1" x 19.5" x 2.5" XTR 8.C - First reaction is that the model isn't your typical HP WCT board, it's actually a pretty full outline, rail and foil. Kinda wish I went with slimmer and thinner dimensions than what I did. Might get it in the water this afternoon. Little bit of windswell. Might wait for better waves.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Deforest.

Ok, I forced the issue and paddled it out. It was waist high and sloppy, but the board worked surprisingly well. Really fast. Felt a little stiff at first, but got used to it. Looking forward to riding it in better waves.