wsl 2024 schedule

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
6 or 7 years ago I was at Lowers one evening and there was a kid who now surfs the QS.....probably only 13 at the time.....and this kid was doing multiple full rotation airs on some of his waves. Its the perfect training ground for stuff like that. Its great for old guys like me too. Totally not suitable to determine the world champ with this format.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
  • Love
Reactions: Boneroni

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Yippy - another year of comps in sub par surf with the most annoying commentators on the planet - can't wait.I want to see another finals determined by sh!t surf..

Reactions: buttholesurfer

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
eh?

A tech dork on a wave storm can surf Trestles.

Thats why it's so lame.

Everyone can surf Trestles, it offers zero challenge to competent surfers.
And every opportunity to show who is actually the best surfer on a wave that highlights surfing over wave choice and luck.

i Keep coming back to the fact that Filipe was almost 10,000 points ahead of the field after the last 2 full tours. He’s clearly the best all around surfer in the world, even With his obvious weakness in reefy lefts.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
6 or 7 years ago I was at Lowers one evening and there was a kid who now surfs the QS.....probably only 13 at the time.....and this kid was doing multiple full rotation airs on some of his waves. Its the perfect training ground for stuff like that. Its great for old guys like me too. Totally not suitable to determine the world champ with this format.
So Jett or whoever was as good as Filipe at lowers? No way to tell who the better surfer was?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I think it was the year Brett kept getting seeded against Parkinson.

I heard Brett's dad once. Charlie at the time seemed like he was doing right by Gabriel and I didn't have to constantly hear him. The rest, I don't really remember hearing them.

Felipe Toledo's dad was like a horn in a shipping lane on a foggy day.
Correct on all accounts. Except Charlie had some truly vile things to say.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
And every opportunity to show who is actually the best surfer on a wave that highlights surfing over wave choice and luck.
Agree with this most of the time. Not sure if there's a better split peak skatepark in Indo that's more reliably perfect and less prone to NW crossbump.

i Keep coming back to the fact that Filipe was almost 10,000 points ahead of the field after the last 2 full tours. He’s clearly the best all around surfer in the world, even With his obvious weakness in reefy lefts.
Is this really the case? When France is DOH depth charges? Is he good at the Box?

He and Italo are the best at spamming air reverses.

Personally I think Gabriel Medina has Felipe covered in what should be tour conditions, and once it gets triple plus I highly doubt he's even mid-pack.

YMMV

LipService

OTF status
Feb 10, 2017
It seems that the WSL isn’t that interested in promoting most of their live surfing events. The reason I say this is because I often look at the WSL site, and there is no indication that there is a contest going on until I click on the schedule and find that there is in fact an event (or two) being broadcast live. That makes no sense to me.