Why the “let us achieve herd immunity naturally” people had it wrong this entire time...

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
We are never going to reach herd immunity with all people refusing to get vaxxed and covid will be with us for a long time.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I know a prev healthy 42 year old who was intubated x 2 weeks, still struggles.
Downplaying the covid virus signals political affiliation.

Reactions: Woke AF and mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I know a prev healthy 42 year old who was intubated x 2 weeks, still struggles.
Downplaying the covid virus signals political affiliation.
I love how all the tough guys talk big until they get it, ex. Rightwing hero Nugent.

Reactions: hal9000

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Nugent is seventy some years old. He is in a high risk group. Even he isn't dead.
Doesn't sound like it was an easy thing to deal with. His clean living and willpower seemed to have helped him get past it.

++++++
On April 19th, 2021, Nugent announced in a video "Everybody told me that I should not announce this. I have had flu symptoms for the last ten days. I thought I was dying. Just a clusterfuck.

"I was tested positive today. I got the Chinese sh!t. I've got a stuffed up head, body aches. My God, what a pain in the ass. I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days… So I was officially tested positive for COVID-19 today."

Nugent went on to say that he's never been so sick in his entire life, and will get through this with willpower.
"I've been around a long time — 72.4 years, to be exact — and it's been quite an adventure… But I have never been so sick in all my life… I could barely crawl out of bed. And I'm not looking for sympathy; I'm just trying to share a medical emergency during a global medical emergency, and what the Nugent tribe, what this guitar player is doing to counterpunch a COVID-19 positive test this afternoon. And it's gonna be willpower."

Source

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
We don't issue "vaccine passports" for flu shots
Dogs have to show immunizations prior to entering most other countries. Think of it as solidarity.

Also worth noting that American QAnoners/Trumptards/anti-vaxxers DO show acute symptoms of rabies (cerebral dysfunction, anxiety, confusion, and agitation) so it's only natural to err on the side of caution.

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF and mundus

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
How many of you have ever been in charge of managing public health, especially in a time of crisis?

caca changing diapers and chain-smoking in front of the hospital doesn’t count.