Why the “let us achieve herd immunity naturally” people had it wrong this entire time...

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Just answer the question or are you resorting to insults because you can't.
Because:

Most viruses don’t infect 100% of the population.

Most viruses don‘t kill 100% of the population, that would be a selective disadvantage for the virus.

Many viruses have seasonal ebbs and flows

Also.....mutations. Viruses mutate and evolve.

it’s not our job to do your learning for you. maybe read up on something once in a while. Take one of those printers for a spin and print out some scientific journal articles to read.

DAD3C3E9-B953-457D-BD69-216501296275.jpeg

3A43B4C9-5205-4E41-AC11-95CD2ABF5406.jpeg

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Because:

Most viruses don’t infect 100% of the population.

Most viruses don‘t kill 100% of the population, that would be a selective disadvantage for the virus.

Many viruses have seasonal ebbs and flows

Also.....mutations. Viruses mutate and evolve.

it’s not our job to do your learning for you. maybe read up on something once in a while. Take one of those printers for a spin and print out some scientific journal articles to read.

View attachment 106811

View attachment 106812
So lock down, mask, and social distance forever

IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAFE!!!

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
you may have heard that 100 million have received at least their first vaccination, or does Arizona ban communist propaganda of that sort?
I was more talking about your post about the Spanish Flu

So which is it? Is covid never really going to go away or is the vaccine going to work like the smallpox vaccine? I can't keep the propaganda messaging straight

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I was more talking about your post about the Spanish Flu

So which is it? Is covid never really going to go away or is the vaccine going to work like the smallpox vaccine? I can't keep the propaganda messaging straight
time will tell. My guess is that its here to stay and we manage it with boosters and vigilance.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
time will tell. My guess is that its here to stay and we manage it with boosters and vigilance.
What does vigilance mean? Threats of shutdowns forever? Hiding our faces forever? Social distance forever?

Or just good common sense like personal hygiene?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
What does vigilance mean? Threats of shutdowns forever? Hiding our faces forever? Social distance forever?

Or just good common sense like personal hygiene?
it’s not really worth engaging with you sometimes because it’s difficult to tell when you’re being real and when you‘re trolling.

scientists and the medical field will obviously work out rational and practical protocols that everyone can live with.

stop being so shrill, Becky.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
it has never been achieved through natural means (i.e., letting a pathogen just run its course).

Can we get a definition for “untold death and suffering”? And, since we're more than few months past this article's prediction/non prediction/clickbait for "progressive" retards, has any of this come true?

Or, since this untold death and suffering will be....untold, is it happening and no one's telling us about it because it's untold but still actually happening but untold?

Science want's to know.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
it’s not really worth engaging with you sometimes because it’s difficult to tell when you’re being real and when you‘re trolling.

scientists and the medical field will obviously work out rational and practical protocols that everyone can live with.

stop being so shrill, Becky.
Like the rational and practical protocols that we've had over the last year?

The world has been trolled over the last year so pardon me for being so shrill, Karen