Why the “let us achieve herd immunity naturally” people had it wrong this entire time...

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
There's people like Hal that are seriously crazy about it....still hiding under their beds from something that is essentially harmless for them, vaccinated or not.
FAIL.

How am I hiding?

I’ve been in person at work since the day schools opened back up.

I don’t generally wear a mask outdoors unless I’m in a big crowd or unless it’s required.

so go ahead and show me how I’m hiding.

Anything else?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
FAIL.

How am I hiding?

I’ve been in person at work since the day schools opened back up.

I don’t generally wear a mask outdoors unless I’m in a big crowd or unless it’s required.

so go ahead and show me how I’m hiding.

Anything else?
That's not the vibe you give off here

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
Did they try flattening the curve? A couple weeks should’ve done the trick.

Also- what percent of the population was vaccinated when they started partying together again? Probably nowhere near the US.
India did great stopping the virus by only masking and social distancing. Then they screwed up with super-spreader events. Too bad, only 2% of India is vaccinated. 30% in the US are vaccinated. We should be concerned because the virus will thrive and mutate in India and develop variants, which will eventually get to YOUR neighborhood.

Reactions: sizzld1

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Oh the science....the science that can't seem to agree on anything. It sure would be helpful if we knew, for instance who was better at science, the guy in California that says gathering should be limited to three households...no mention on number of people...or the federal science guy who says that outdoor gatherings are fine as long as every one is 6 feet apart.

Why are the science guys in Texas and Florida so much better than the science guys in California and NY?

So far science guy Dr Fauci has disagreed with everything science guy Dr Fauci has ever said.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Oh the science....the science that can't seem to agree on anything. It sure would be helpful if we knew, for instance who was better at science, the guy in California that says gathering should be limited to three households...no mention on number of people...or the federal science guy who says that outdoor gatherings are fine as long as every one is 6 feet apart.

Why are the science guys in Texas and Florida so much better than the science guys in California and NY?

So far science guy Dr Fauci has disagreed with everything science guy Dr Fauci has ever said.
One thing's for sure, we better not take our foot off the brakes here: :roflmao:
1620488623056.png

California has a seroprevalence of about 50%. New cases are almost nil. Deaths are definitely not zero though, suggesting something's wrong with our counting, breakthrough cases are still dying, all of the above/none of the above.
1620488711556.png

Either way, things are never going to be perfect. Nothing's going to convince Hal to come out of his hole. This is the new way of life for about 30-50% of our population.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Have you died of the Spanish Flu yet? Know anyone who has?
no, but I know a few people who died from corona, several who were hospitalized, and a few long-haulers with serious effects on their health.

I also know that the number of people who died in a year from corona is way higher than the number of people who die annually from the flu.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
no, but I know a few people who died from corona, several who were hospitalized, and a few long-haulers with serious effects on their health.

I also know that the number of people who died in a year from corona is way higher than the number of people who die annually from the flu.
No doubt about it. Covid affects a very specific part of the population. If you are elderly or sickly it can kill you. Are you elderly or sickly?

Look at what's happening in California. LA County..formally ground zero for lock downs is leading the way in recovery and is now yellow tier. It coincides with a few recall elections that are close to taking place and the data supporting it is now unavailable..

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
No doubt about it. Covid affects a very specific part of the population. If you are elderly or sickly it can kill you. Are you elderly or sickly?

Look at what's happening in California. LA County..formally ground zero for lock downs is leading the way in recovery and is now yellow tier. It coincides with a few recall elections that are close to taking place and the data supporting it is now unavailable..
the leakage is real