Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
so about this...

"A lot of effort went into increasing regulation on banks post-2008 to make them safer"

...are we grading on "effort" or "safer"?

because if we're grading on "safer", then the banks get a fucking D+ on account of that money printer going brrrrrrrr and reducing the value of dollars stashed in banks by what... 40%?

how fucking safe is that?!!?!

LOL - biggest bank robbery in my lifetime!!!

but if we're grading on "effort" well then by all means... A+ and atta-boy!
The PMC and 1%ers only want to be graded on effort rather than results. I've found this to be a false dichotomy. If you worked hard and got bad results, usually you spun your wheels too much on the wrong thing. But usually "effort" just means "lack of effort," thus bad results.

Reactions: crustBrother

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Enjoy, with the price of the dollar you can go anywhere and rub money on people's faces, you'll have a blast.
LOL in December I've been going to Carmel-by-the-Sea/Pebble Beach zones. If I withdrew my comfortable upper middle class life savings and rubbed it on someone's face on the Monterey Peninsula, there'd be a story in the crime section about a homeless Florida man who assaulted a resident with a piece of toilet paper. Because after 42 years my life's work ain't "money" there.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
LOL in December I've been going to Carmel-by-the-Sea/Pebble Beach zones. If I withdrew my comfortable upper middle class life savings and rubbed it on someone's face on the Monterey Peninsula, there'd be a story in the crime section about a homeless Florida man who assaulted a resident with a piece of toilet paper. Because after 42 years my life's work ain't "money" there.
Definitely not there... but mostly anywhere else worldwide. The USD has mowed over every other currency like a bulldozer.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Interesting. Thanks.
it's basically just not a realized loss until you sell or otherwise no longer hold it, just like how you aren't taxed on unrealized gains.

there are more complicated rules for assets lost in BK proceedings, but they revolve around when the asset is considered lost or valueless

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
1 2nd year of living in SF, friend from Eugene drives down in his 64 Dart (slant 6 for the win!). We go surfing down the coast into Big Sur (where I discover the racoon army that I thought I left behind in Oregon....in Big Sur, they're way, way more organized). Anyway, he is an architecture nut and wants to do the 17 mile drive, so we get to the gate and, geeze, how much was it then, $5? I pay thinking, "well, I'm never doing this again, what a waste of money" Gate keepers look at car, look at surfboards, looks at us, sniffs, rolls eyes, takes the money, says, "Go on." We don't actually see much due to all the landscaping, but the lone cypress area has a nice view once you get out of the car?

2 Carmel beach sand is super nice...shame the beach break doesn't hold much size.

3 Friend #2's mom lives in Carmel. She works at the Goodwill there. Best darn Goodwill I have ever been in. Rich people tend to be on the thinner side and some had enough protein growing up to get tall....Goodwill type stores elsewhere are for the heavier sorts.

deepwater

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 9, 2022
so about this...

"A lot of effort went into increasing regulation on banks post-2008 to make them safer"

...are we grading on "effort" or "safer"?

because if we're grading on "safer", then the banks get a fucking D+ on account of that money printer going brrrrrrrr and reducing the value of dollars stashed in banks by what... 40%?

how fucking safe is that?!!?!

LOL - biggest bank robbery in my lifetime!!!

but if we're grading on "effort" well then by all means... A+ and atta-boy!
Did you complete a correspondence course on pseudo-finance last night? Just a week ago you were asking me what "you would do if I bought crypto for the long-term hold" now you're commenting on "money printers going brrrrrr" and "increasing regulation on banks post-2008" and how "we're grading on safer". :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Gotta run, we're taking the night off and staying in a hotel. Tmrw we drive further north and set up a new camp to wait for swell to show up mid-day.

Laterz locos...