Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
3 Friend #2's mom lives in Carmel. She works at the Goodwill there. Best darn Goodwill I have ever been in. Rich people tend to be on the thinner side and some had enough protein growing up to get tall....Goodwill type stores elsewhere are for the heavier sorts.
Santa Monica has a good one, prob for the same reason as Carmel.

Reactions: Mr Doof

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Did you complete a correspondence course on pseudo-finance last night? Just a week ago you were asking me what "you would do if I bought crypto for the long-term hold" now you're commenting on "money printers going brrrrrr" and "increasing regulation on banks post-2008" and how "we're grading on safer". :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Gotta run, we're taking the night off and staying in a hotel. Tmrw we drive further north and set up a new camp to wait for swell to show up mid-day.

Laterz locos...
LifeOnMars is back!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
3 Friend #2's mom lives in Carmel. She works at the Goodwill there. Best darn Goodwill I have ever been in. Rich people tend to be on the thinner side and some had enough protein growing up to get tall....Goodwill type stores elsewhere are for the heavier sorts.
Probably great for furniture and other items as well :beer:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Carmel beach sand is super nice...shame the beach break doesn't hold much size.
Oh boo fucking hoo my heart bleeds. What would be among the best nearshore tube galleries in any East Coast zone, in a setting 100x as beautiful as every spot from the Hamptons to South Padre combined, doesn't hold size.

People between SF and Big Sur are lacking in beachbreaks that hold size the same way people who work in landfills are lacking the opportunity to smell garbage on the job.

The problem is it doesn't hold a crowd the times I've seen it working, which have always been after school or on the weekend. More mouths than morsels. I got the distinct impression everyone on a corner knew everyone else on it, they don't know me, and I'd get marked someplace the parking lot isn't festooned with do-gooders and come back to vehicular vandalism.

The Hill plus the Santa Monica mountains minus the refinery, the freighter, and the surfing fluid petrochemical solution (most flammable body of "water" this side of the Cuyahoga River) make El Potty about as scenic as any undeveloped barrier island dune spot South of New England. The sand at Carmel is on a par with the Gulf's best sugar, or the most vivid orange (very coarse) hues you can get between PV and Ormond in North Florida, and that might be the least spectacular thing about the place itself.

As an aside if you notice, the only South Bay people who post in the wetsuit thread are from Redondo, because everybody else surfs Potty so much it's like surfing in tubeless tire juice - the sh!t seals itself just as fast as it starts leaking.

Yeah 80s/90s Ferraris with H-pattern gearboxes instead of F1 double clutch wizardy and, since the Elongation of Twitter, Teslas.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Story gets crazier every day.

"Bahamas regulators confirm they’re holding some of #FTX’s assets Bahamian regulators acknowledged transferring FTX assets into their custody after an emergency filing from FTX’s U.S. attorneys accused them of having directed former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried to do so."

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Story gets crazier every day.

"Bahamas regulators confirm they’re holding some of #FTX’s assets Bahamian regulators acknowledged transferring FTX assets into their custody after an emergency filing from FTX’s U.S. attorneys accused them of having directed former CEO Sam Bankman-Fried to do so."
1668789000240.png

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Found a used Icebreaker woolen sweater for one of the nieces there (Carmel Goodwill) for like 95% off retail. Either they cleaned it up real nice, or the original owner wore it while trying it on and then never again. Niece was stocked!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's funny - I'm starting to hear the Bankman Fried interview I had posted from Odd Lots months back now being referenced by major media outlets.

What's funny about it is that podcast is one of the most listened-to podcasts in the financial realm and BF is literally laying out how his business is nothing but a Ponzi scheme and now we have this collapse that was entirely predictable to anyone with half a brain.

And nobody thought twice when they heard the podcast.

ENJOY BEING POOR/YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BOOMER was the mantra, but now it's becoming readily apparent plenty of people of all ages who didn't drink the Kool Aid understood very well.

The irony is rich.

If all these crypto investors were so savvy yet got played by FTX, the only question is how many other companies with similar workings to FTX are gonna blow.

And since so many of these crypto and tech companies have true believers in crypto who are about to be jobless...meaning their money is tied up in crypto...we should be anticipating more major selloffs/collapses in the future.

:toilet:

And within the next few years, regulation.

And holy fuck, look at the 45% discount on GBTC:roflmao:

Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 5.57.13 PM.png

This is like a test to see if you really believe in BTC...because if you do you'd be an idiot not to pick up a boatload of GBTC right now.:shameonyou: