Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The real question here is who are the forum bagholders?
I have what I'd consider to be gambling money still in it. Never saw it as anything more than a weekend in Vegas and I'm inclined to let it ride cause why not? I considered that money gone the day I put it in.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Did Sequioa really invest in SBF?
Among all the chortling over the demise of FTX, one hilariously timed document stands out: Sequoia Capital’s puff piece from a mere six weeks ago. Now deleted, but archived here for your reading pleasure, Adam Fischer boasted to the world that, in effect, Sam Bankman-Fried is the most brilliant, unorthodox, and ethical entrepreneur alive today and possibly who has ever lived, and Sequoia is oh-so-very wise to have backed him.
I just looked at its portfolio. ALmost all investment is in bits. We had funding from them when they still invested in atoms back when Pierre Lamond was on the board. The Valley is totally detached from reality, but I see reality re-asserting itself this week. :monkey:

Edit: oh my, this is weaponized autism.

Jocks were right to stuff nerds into lockers, give them swirlies and wet willies, etc.

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Did Sequioa really invest in SBF?

I just looked at its portfolio. ALmost all investment is in bits. We had funding from them when they still invested in atoms back when Pierre Lamond was on the board. The Valley is totally detached from reality, but I see reality re-asserting itself this week. :monkey:

Edit: oh my, this is weaponized autism.

Jocks were right to stuff nerds into lockers, give them swirlies and wet willies, etc.
It doesn’t matter how smart you are,
if you’re not as smart as you think you are.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
FTX investors

Funding

FTX has raised a total of $1.8B in funding over 7 rounds.

Their latest funding was raised on Mar 21, 2022 from a Undisclosed round.

FTX is funded by 40 investors.

Naomi Osaka and Insight Partners are the most recent investors.

FTX has raised a total of $2B in a single venture fund, Venture capital fund.

This fund was announced on Jan 14, 2022 and raised a total of $2B.

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Currently hold 1.09 eth (fun with stake) staked.

Could lose it all, and still have last 2 years property taxes paid, and my current 9'0 retro gun single fin to show for my endeavors.

Would still buy more eth, if it drops to 900 or less, as that would lower my average buy in price... but as it sits right now, no need for any of this to do anything and I'm still perfectly happy with my crypto 'experiences'.

5/7 would bang again.

:dancing::monkey::dancing:

Always following the golden rule of crypto, "only money you can afford to lose, and say goodbye to it as soon as you put it in".

:waving::shaka:

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Really looking forward to this speaker panel:
View attachment 142222

Whoa contrary indicator:
so about this...

"A lot of effort went into increasing regulation on banks post-2008 to make them safer"

...are we grading on "effort" or "safer"?

because if we're grading on "safer", then the banks get a fucking D+ on account of that money printer going brrrrrrrr and reducing the value of dollars stashed in banks by what... 40%?

how fucking safe is that?!!?!

LOL - biggest bank robbery in my lifetime!!!

but if we're grading on "effort" well then by all means... A+ and atta-boy!