Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I don't complain about crypto.

Crypto never did anything to me.

If you want to gamble your money go for it.

What drew me here is the fervent religious passion of cryptobroz that I encounter in the real world who are always pumping crypto.

Cryptobroz always step up against naysayers to passionately defend their religion too - makes it fun.
Thats because a lot of us played the game and won. Most people who partook in this thread cashed out. Even r32 said he always cashes out at the end of the day.

It was one of the greatest cash grab opportunities of our lifetime.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I don't complain about crypto.

Crypto never did anything to me.

If you want to gamble your money go for it.

What drew me here is the fervent religious passion of cryptobroz that I encounter in the real world who are always pumping crypto.

Cryptobroz always step up against naysayers to passionately defend their religion too - makes it fun.

I'm here for the entertainment value.

Consider you avatar for a moment - I'm sure you can relate - how much time did you and others here waste on the Flat Earth thread??? :roflmao:
And i liked the flat earth thread. was mostly comparing the 'real world value' assumption about crypto to that of this forum. either way - we can continue, back to crypto :)

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Floor dropped out as expected this morning, but there was a huge pile of buys sitting below. BTC bounced hard, right back up into the range, giving ALTs 5 - 15% swings. But you had less than a minute to buy bottom.

Now it gets really interesting. Symmetrical triangles almost always continuation patterns, which would mean more down coming. Bears look weak below 28, so far.

BTC 2h

1653582549328.png

Last edited:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Keep seeing "Graysclae Bitcoin Trust" (GBTC) popping up - apparently it wants ETF status. I got curious.

Here's the latest on this thing as of 5/26/22. I had to cross reference with another site to make sure it was correct.

@brukuns

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 6.40.35 PM.png

lruc

OTF status
Nov 10, 2016
Keep seeing "Graysclae Bitcoin Trust" (GBTC) popping up - apparently it wants ETF status. I got curious.

Here's the latest on this thing as of 5/26/22. I had to cross reference with another site to make sure it was correct.

@brukuns

View attachment 130417
The koolaide crypto crowd switched to Jack Daniels Casa . That etf has always been at at a discount maybe it trades at parity with bit at 10,000 ,

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Everything still going according to what have happened historically at every bear market... IF BTC does behave similarly to what we've seen in the past (yes, I know it's not guaranteed), the bottom might be around 21, 23k.

I did slow down Caca as it does look like we're going down further. I sold what I had bought at 28 and 29k and plan to buy again (and more) once it reaches 25k. If it doesn't oh well, risk management.

Interesting to see BTC losing its correlation with the stock market, even though the market was going up and BTC down. hopefully it will just start doing its thing now (up or down, what matters is that it's losing its exacerbated correlation, it comes with the institutions selling and GettingTFO).

Alt coins are all going to hell. I wish I had learned that lesson sooner, but seeing alt coins losing 95% of their value needs to be seen to be believed. Thankfully I go much heavier in BTC than I did with the alt coins. I might DCA on a few alt coins I have once BTC reaches lower 20s. We'll see if it signals some sort of trend reversal by then.

Reactions: JDJ

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Everything still going according to what have happened historically at every bear market... IF BTC does behave similarly to what we've seen in the past (yes, I know it's not guaranteed), the bottom might be around 21, 23k.

I did slow down Caca as it does look like we're going down further. I sold what I had bought at 28 and 29k and plan to buy again (and more) once it reaches 25k. If it doesn't oh well, risk management.

Interesting to see BTC losing its correlation with the stock market, even though the market was going up and BTC down. hopefully it will just start doing its thing now (up or down, what matters is that it's losing its exacerbated correlation, it comes with the institutions selling and GettingTFO).

Alt coins are all going to hell. I wish I had learned that lesson sooner, but seeing alt coins losing 95% of their value needs to be seen to be believed. Thankfully I go much heavier in BTC than I did with the alt coins. I might DCA on a few alt coins I have once BTC reaches lower 20s. We'll see if it signals some sort of trend reversal by then.
Here’s the thing

The price chasing is over, probably for good.

Nobody that isn’t hodling at this point wants any Bitcoin. I think the 30% discount on GBTC is further indicative of that sentiment.

Further there are plenty of hodlers out there who are soon to be unemployed. Or in need of real money. At some point they’re going to have to stop hodling and dump their coin. This applies to the general population but if I were willing to guess a heavy weighting of hodlers are tech bros and in a sh!t job market that’s not good for Bitcoin.

Further a lot of disposable income is about to dry up.

A lot of people have dipped their toe in the BTC and for many, once was enough. They contributed to the price run up, maybe made some or lost some, but they won’t be back.

Could still be a bounce before things get bad but ultimately the direction is down, down, down.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Mentioned this a few months back, but there's now hope.:drowning:

If you believe and want to help "stop climate change" or AGW, you should NOT be trading in crypto, particularly bitcoin......

https://www.fastcompany.com/90755994/why-the-cryptocurrency-price-collapse-offers-hope-for-slowing-climate-change

Otherwise, keep trading away life on planet earth.:dancing:

Driving a Tesla and trading bitcoin are not going to be climate neutral activities.

Just as bad as driving a gas guzzler in the eyes of the climate gods.:bricks:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
BTC weekly chart has been printed 9 straight weeks of red candles. This has never happened in the 10+ year history of Bitcoin. The previous record was 5.

We might be nearing the end of this bear cycle, at least temporarily. Looking for green candle this week and minimum 50% gains on some ALTs.

1653871927905.png

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I don't see any reason to believe what happens next for bitcoin has any relationship to what has happened in the past.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Mentioned this a few months back, but there's now hope.:drowning:

If you believe and want to help "stop climate change" or AGW, you should NOT be trading in crypto, particularly bitcoin......

https://www.fastcompany.com/90755994/why-the-cryptocurrency-price-collapse-offers-hope-for-slowing-climate-change

Otherwise, keep trading away life on planet earth.:dancing:

Driving a Tesla and trading bitcoin are not going to be climate neutral activities.

Just as bad as driving a gas guzzler in the eyes of the climate gods.:bricks:
Because trading in oil, wheat, etc.. futures is the eco-heaven of the financial world, right?

Since when have humans given a rats ass about any of that?

Personally, I am convinced this whole SJW Eco-savior is just more of the same old, same old ... "hey! Look at me! I am eco-concious!". And then they log in to work for REPSOL, or some other environmentally conscious firm, like Shell Oil or Bank of America?

If anyone gave a rats ass about the environment, we clearly wouldn't be where we are: dumping in oceans, pilfering the land of its riches, and basically taking huge dumps all over the air and atmosphere.

How many catalytic converters does a rocket that launches satellites into orbit have? Exactly.

You keeping tabs on the smog and environmental enhancements taking place in Ukraine right now? Thought so!

Who's controlling Chinese emissions? Right?

How about the cleanliness and purity of the Ganges, in India? Counting corpses floating by is the name of my new Bollywood Quartet.

Indo and the Phillips stopped throwing all their trash into the ocean, didn't they?

:shrug::shameonyou::foreheadslap::monkey::bricks::cursing::waving::shaka:

Last edited: