Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
19th century had solar fotovoltaic? We do.

Electric cars? We do.

Justify a life spent working however you care to, for me I know if I had gone the worker bee route, by the time I hit retirement I would not have the physical ability and health I do now, let alone all the surfing under my belt.

To each their own, as long as it's a path of happiness for all. Suffering is so 19th century. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Whoever said surfers are losers and surfing will ruin your life on that mountain climbers vs surfers IQ thread nailed it.

My ignorance is my bliss.

Drags knuckles down cliff to grab some spring wind swell bouncing off the cliffs.

:computer::monkey::waving::shaka::roflmao:
i hear you. But I also live on the beach, and being in sales allows me the freedom to drop everything and go surf (whenever Long Island decides to get swell again) so I have a pretty good balance of surf bum + strong earning. In fact my managers ask me more often if Ive gotten any decent surf recently, as opposed to asking me about my book of business.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Wow - great!
It is, but I also need to pay down some more of the mortgage to get to a a place where the summer rental not only pays for the annual nut, but actually kicks off some profit. As of now, that 75 k would basically cover the entire year‘s mortgage taxes and insurance And kick off maybe $15 k in profit, but one would have to assume a chunk of that will be needed for upkeep and repairs, especially given the inherent risk and damage involved in seasonal renting. So I’d like to be down to where the annual nut is more like $30k, and clear $45 k in profit- that $45k alone would be more than enough to cover our basic expenses in Nicaragua for the year, plus some travel to new and exotic locales. That’s several years off though- I would need to get my mortgage payments either cleared out altogether or at least down to like a grand a month. Taxes in LB are criminal. 14k per year for a 2100 sq foot house on a 2200 sq foot lot lol.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
That how I envision Long Beach organizing if and when modern society does in fact implode. Block by block Jarldoms, with perhaps a ruling council of powerful and fair-minded Jarls to oversee all of the island

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink and PRCD

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
It is, but I also need to pay down some more of the mortgage to get to a a place where the summer rental not only pays for the annual nut, but actually kicks off some profit. As of now, that 75 k would basically cover the entire year‘s mortgage taxes and insurance And kick off maybe $15 k in profit, but one would have to assume a chunk of that will be needed for upkeep and repairs, especially given the inherent risk and damage involved in seasonal renting. So I’d like to be down to where the annual nut is more like $30k, and clear $45 k in profit- that $45k alone would be more than enough to cover our basic expenses in Nicaragua for the year, plus some travel to new and exotic locales. That’s several years off though- I would need to get my mortgage payments either cleared out altogether or at least down to like a grand a month. Taxes in LB are criminal. 14k per year for a 2100 sq foot house on a 2200 sq foot lot lol.
:socrazy::monkey:

14k in taxes?

Sheeeeeet, ours are 350 euro a year.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

And it includes free medical?

Yeah, keep ya Long Beach.

Me no like so many neighbors either ...

This town has 300-400 people and 4-5000 goats

One things for sure, you got me beat to death in potential for rental income though.

So much for comparing a deserted rock to NYC huh?

:waving::shaka:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I have a similar plan. Keep adding to the 401k has we head into a financial doldrum for the next 3-7ish years. Plan is to buy a property every 1-2 years on to use as a rental on a 15 year note. Once I’m in my mid 50s, as those properties are starting to get paid off and are still cash flowing, refi out the cash tax free from the paid off properties every 1-2 years and live off that :beer: You could do that into perpetuity . . . . should’ve started 10-15 years ago :foreheadslap: :roflmao:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
:socrazy::monkey:

14k in taxes?

Sheeeeeet, ours are 350 euro a year.

And it includes free medical?

Yeah, keep ya Long Beach.

Me no like so many neighbors either ...

This town has 300-400 people and 4-5000 goats

One things for sure, you got me beat to death in potential for rental income though.

So much for comparing a deserted rock to NYC huh?

:waving::shaka:
Hey you started it you filthy goat herd you

• Wow
Reactions: grapedrink

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have a similar plan. Keep adding to the 401k has we head into a financial doldrum for the next 3-7ish years. Plan is to buy a property every 1-2 years on to use as a rental on a 15 year note. Once I’m in my mid 50s, as those properties are starting to get paid off and are still cash flowing, refi out the cash tax free from the paid off properties every 1-2 years and live off that :beer: You could do that into perpetuity . . . . should’ve started 10-15 years ago :foreheadslap: :roflmao:
Being that I'm about 10 years younger than you, where are you buying rental properties and profitable (or break even) on 15 year notes? If you dont' want to share I get it.

Reactions: grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Being that I'm about 10 years younger than you, where are you buying rental properties and profitable (or break even) on 15 year notes? If you dont' want to share I get it.
Are you age shaming me :unsure: I’m only 40, which is the new 36.

Southeast US states. Plenty of homes in the sub $250k range, some well under. As a long term rental a 15 year is a stretch but no problem if a short term rental. Feel free to PM :beer:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: racer1

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
You guys and your...planning

Live life NOW! If you think money and material possessions are the key to happiness, you will never achieve true bliss.

The problem with the western mindset is its always more and always tomorrow. Gratitude and the present are all you really need for happiness. Life is dynamic and to truly live it one must flow with it.

The gift of Jah is the breath of life.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
You guys and your...planning

Live life NOW! If you think money and material possessions are the key to happiness, you will never achieve true bliss.

The problem with the western mindset is its always more and always tomorrow. Gratitude and the present are all you really need for happiness. Life is dynamic and to truly live it one must flow with it.

The gift of Jah is the breath of life.
Thanks for the unsolicited advice :rolleyes: :roflmao:

IDGAF about material stuff . . . I have a relatively small house and almost nothing in any kind of storage. Just about everything I own I actively use.

The “plan” I am discussing is no different than the work you do on your own household that allows you to live with more self sufficiency and less dependence on someone else providing you with a living that you trade your time for. “Don’t trade hours for Dollars”

You are conflating investing for time freedom with working long hours to keep up with the Jones. These are very different things. Lifestyle values =/= material values

Reactions: LifeOnMars

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Hear him hear him

i won’t pretend work isn’t stressful sometimes, but if affords me the experiences and the travel and the surf while ALSO saving for a future with an even better balance. I have some “stuff“ but no clutter, no money holes other than plane tickets and rental cars etc… I don’t own a boat lol…I’m happy and extremely grateful for a great “present” (other than having Covid :cursing:) as well as a decent shot of not really having to “work” in the traditional sense much past 50. It may seem crazy to a guy who has carved out such an epic niche in one of the most beautiful parts of the world, and actually have meaningful income streams to boot. But, I too consider myself extremely lucky to live in a surf town, even if it is cold or flat or both a majority of the time, while still being close enough to NYC to have the career that I do. Oh and jfk is a half hour away

flex warning, and I know there are guys on here that are FAR more widely traveled, but amongst my non surfing cohort, I’ve been on more amazing trips in the last 20 years than most will do in several lifetimes. And especially in the last 12-15 years, as my labors quickly began to bear fruit (not the kind you grow in your courtyard :shaka:) those trips became better and better.

also I consider great restaurants to be a sort of travel in its own right and I never feel guilty spending an average months rent on a really great meal with great company. I don’t do it as often as I once did, but nonetheless, some of my most cherished non adventure memories are epic meals with epic company

I have a fever of 100, so I’m rambling even more than usual

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
ha She actually just gave two weeks notice. She accepted a job for more money and a slightly elevated coordinator role, she was crying on the phone when she told me.

am I off the hook, or in the clear? She said she still wants to come to the beach this summer :foreheadslap:

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You’ve heard of ladder theory? Pretty clear you’re not on the friend ladder haha.

Reactions: Subway

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
BTC 3 day

12 straight days of sideways in the last major support zone before the floor drops out. This sideways range is either accumulation or distribution. We're going to find out very soon.

1653524731748.png