Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
what is your rebuy target?
impossible to say. Long term, Aug/Sept usually suck for crypto. And BTC tied to the stock market moves somewhat.

Seen some charts pointing to BTC low teens, so the sentiment is there for really low prices. Whether or not we get there, no idea. 19/20k has always been a key psych level after 2017.

ALTs are still struggling big time, even when BTC was bullish for 7 months straight. Market dynamics continue to shift.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
My thought, with BlackRock entering the market, they will want BTC cheap and will push it down as far as they can, which could drag out for a year.

BlackRock doesn't like to lose and they have the power to push the market around wherever they want. I really wonder if they will also load up on an ALT or two also. If so, it would most likely be a large cap so ETH, LTC, XRP.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
what is your rebuy target?
Getting back to this question, if I was ready to buy back in, it would be between 20k and 22k. even if it goes lower, this area should provide some decent support for a bounce, enough to move the Stop Loss up to profit.

Nostrabrukuns believes the market may still pump at best to 29k, but then a flush to at least 22k is very, very likely.

Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
KuCoin implementing mandatory KYC Aug 31 for all users / all services. No more fun for US traders wanting to trade Futures.

Very few major exchanges remaining that don't have KYC and look the other way when US traders log in.

Crypto exchanges bowing the power of the US Gov as well as their own local govs who are demanding KYC for all exchanges for tracking transactions. Fine and dandy except US traders have no recourse for trading Futures. And Futures is absolutely necessary for guys like me to stack the gains quickly.

Coinbase just got approved for US futures and it can't come soon enough. However, it might be only for institutions. They haven't said. But I have a feeling it will be very limited and Coinbase 100% fucks up the implementation of any new feature because their design team sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
yeah this fucking sucks because a great trade coming up is to buy the locked FTX SOL at a fat discount that's about to get sold during their BK process and hedge by shorting SOL perps

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
yeah this fucking sucks because a great trade coming up is to buy the locked FTX SOL at a fat discount that's about to get sold during their BK process and hedge by shorting SOL perps
Yep, sucks in many ways. Still have MEXC, which is one of the last big ones that let US traders play. I have a strong feeling they will follow in the footsteps of ByBit, Kucoin, etc. and eventually implement mandatory KYC as well.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I went a little too crazy with the scalps today. More trades than I usually take in a day. My normal is 3-5 trades.
And somehow missed a couple easy big gainers. :foreheadslap:

Combined, about +19% for the day so far. Only one of the trades I consider really bad which was POGAI. I should never entered that trade based on the pattern. Took a chance and it did not pay off. Had sh!t liquidity to boot, so I had slippage on close.

1694757148166.png

Reactions: stringcheese

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Major upcoming events which may or may not affect market.

FTX got court approval to sell their $ billions worth of coins. They have $1.1b SOL, a ton of BTC, ETH and smaller amounts of other coins. Court approved $50m worth per week is max they can sell, so they don't hurt markets too much. We'll see how this goes. :ROFLMAO:

Mt. Gox distribution might finally happen in October? Year after year of delays with that. 142,000 BTC.

Coinbase Futures to launch later this year. They are building the platform now and will offer up to 4x leverage. Could be a game changer for the stagnant US trading market. No new money has pumped into crypto in a long time, except for some institutions, which is important but retail has dropped off big.

CBDC testing moving into second phase. Testing with three major central banks. Digital dollar is coming fast.

• Wow
Reactions: grapedrink