Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Crypto most definitely not dead, but there is growing sentiment among some that ALTs might finally be dead. If so, that would mean the BTC maximalists were right all along. I would be happy if crypto got slimmed down to about 100 ALTs but that's prob never going to happen.

Six years ago, Blackrock called BTC a virus and slammed it every chance they got.

Today they file for BTC ETF.

Also, it's Friday. Crypto markets usually love Friday but quiet, so far.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Crypto most definitely not dead, but there is growing sentiment among some that ALTs might finally be dead. If so, that would mean the BTC maximalists were right all along. I would be happy if crypto got slimmed down to about 100 ALTs but that's prob never going to happen.

Six years ago, Blackrock called BTC a virus and slammed it every change they got.

Today. Lol

Also, it's Friday. Crypto markets usually love Friday. It's quiet so far.
You have always been the man dog when it came to being a successful crypto bro. It’s just not in my wheelhouse. Never was. Trading it just seemed like betting on the outcomes of pro wrasslin matches tbh.

I do however realize the inherent value in the blockchain and based off its demonstrated staying power see BTC as the long term play as well if you’re into that kind thing as long as Musk doesn’t start manipulating the market again fucking grifter dirtbag.

So, when u starting the AI investments thread? OFFICIAL, of course.

:shrug:

I could use a few hot tips to pay for another new surf boar and some more property taxes.

:cool:
PLTR, CRWD, FTNT, PANW, DDOG, NOW, SNPS, NVDA is what I finally landed on for an AI portfolio after some minor tweaks (buying then selling SNOW). PANW final spot on the team is still undecided

Now I’m just a garbage man who smokes wayyy too much reefer but I’m convinced these companies and in particular PLTR are going to be straight fire given their positions in the AI arena and I’m pretty close to being all in on them. It just seems like these companies are the future and investing in them especially now is as close to a sure thing as there is particularly if you’re in it for the long haul and will offer returns >= crypto w/o the effort or worries

Last edited:
Reactions: grapedrink and r32

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

Six years ago, Blackrock called BTC a virus and slammed it every chance they got.

Also, it's Friday. Crypto markets usually love Friday but quiet, so far.
To what do you attribute BTC being “the one”??? First to market and or name brand recognition? Bc when you get down to brass tacks isn’t blockchain blockchain?

Also are the exchanges secure/ have they addressed security issues adequately or at all?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Crypto is definitely not for everyone. I'd say it's way too complex for majority of society.

To what do you attribute BTC being “the one”??? First to market and or name brand recognition? Bc when you get down to brass tacks isn’t blockchain blockchain?

Also are the exchanges secure/ have they addressed security issues adequately or at all?
I don't see BTC as 'the one'. But BTC has major institutions backing it or at least playing it. TSLA, ARK, BlackRock, BofA, JPM, MSTR, etc. Big money, providing lots of liquidity, and offering BTC investment options to their clients. Despite other chains being faster and having improved features. They still want BTC.

And 99% ALT coins are just money grabs by the founders / pump and dump garbage. I think most people see that now, even the die hard 'I will hodl my shitcoin bag until I die' dorks.

There is a chart I watch called TOTAL2. It shows combined ALT cap, excluding BTC.

Total market cap: $1T
TOTAL2: $500b

Will be interesting to see how the money flows in the next couple of years.

Exchanges. Stick with the big ones and security seems adequate. But that assumes you have also taken adequate measures to secure your exchange account, including

1. using new email address, set up only for crypto exchanges and no other websites.
2. 2FA with your phone using google Authenticator
3. whitelist address book
4. extremely difficult and lengthy password
5. login alerts / notifications ON
6. don't leave your computer logged in/turned on when you leave
7. don't have exchange apps on your phone (in case you lose your phone)
etc.

Reminder for hodlers: Not your keys, not your coins.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

This is how the politicians who started Blackrock are going to launder their BTC and anonymize their presence on the blockchain.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
This is how the politicians who started Blackrock are going to launder their BTC and anonymize their presence on the blockchain.
Perhaps but I've never cared about all that. I just focus on one thing. Buying low and selling high. Fuck all the news sites. Can't trust any of them. Fuck all the institutions. They lie to everyone, all the time, about everything. Fuck the banks. Fuck the politicians. I just don't have the energy or desire to care about any of that sh!t these days.

Do I pay attention still? Yah, a bit, only because it can affect prices. But all I care about is hanging out with family/friends, retiring comfortably, traveling, and surfing.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I don't see BTC as 'the one'. But BTC has major institutions backing it or at least playing it. TSLA, ARK, BlackRock, BofA, JPM, MSTR, etc. Big money, providing lots of liquidity, and offering BTC investment options to their clients. Despite other chains being faster and having improved features. They still want BTC.
the last round of lawsuits and regulatory lip flapping left me with the impression that the big fish want to drive the little fish money into BTC

my impressions and $3 will buy you a cup of coffee at starbucks

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
PEPE could have a run this evening. It's a nice setup and BTC steady.

After a slow start, market really turned on nicely today.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
So back when I won $100 from LifeonMars (about the stock market direction and timing thereof), had the funds put into a Binance account

Last week I converted the funds to Bitcoin prior to moving it to my Kraken account (and then closing the Binance account).

1687366457607.png

At going rate of $30340 per, I just turned that $98.88 to $101.57.

On my way to easy street at long last!

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Breaking news:

Judge says XRP is NOT a security. Case closed. Ripple won. Instant 38% rocket.

BTC started pumping and broke 31k.

COIN started pumping and broke 93.

MARA, RIOT (crypto-related stocks) started pumping.

ALTs started pumping.

Coinbase will probably relist XRP within a few days. They accidentally relisted it last year for about 20 minutes, when an engineer accidentally turned the orderbook on. So they are definitely ready. Suck it crypto haters. :roflmao:

XRP 15m

1689264777578.png

COIN 15m (up 105% since June)

1689264810971.png

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
One thing I don't think many understand is the crypto cycles are LOOOOOOOONG. Pump cycles lasting years. Dump cycle lasting years. Takes so much patience and guts to buy the deep drops during crypto winter and 'bad news' cycles.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
One thing I don't think many understand is the crypto cycles are LOOOOOOOONG. Pump cycles lasting years. Dump cycle lasting years. Takes so much patience and guts to buy the deep drops during crypto winter and 'bad news' cycles.
i remember feeling terrible when the price dropped from $800 back to $200. now it's just par for the course

Reactions: r32

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Yeah I'm here for the crypto thaw and the crypto summer. Love the first crypto combo swell with all day offshores, then I sell.

• Love
Reactions: Rlacey111 and r32