Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I assume the SEC is dragging it's feet so certain parties can continue accumulating at current prices?

:shrug:
Ken Griffin at Citadel, the sweet and delicious bag of sugar from Robin Hood, and the sweet and delicious bag of sugar from the hedge fund the Gamestop redditors caught red fucking handed FOR FREE?

Might be time to hoist the main, unfurl the genoa, and whatever other sailing metaphors mean it's time to get back in.

What say you @r32? It's starting to feel like the 2017 and 2021 flatline to slow climb is in play, and this could be a classic influx-of-new-money tailwind scenario.

Is it time for the 6 mothn hodler to jupm ni tihs bicht?

Reactions: crustBrother

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Winds are light, so maybe loosen up the boom vang?

Full disclosure: I'm just looking for an excuse to say "boom vang". I love boom vang. Boom vang makes me happy.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway and r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Ken Griffin at Citadel, the sweet and delicious bag of sugar from Robin Hood, and the sweet and delicious bag of sugar from the hedge fund the Gamestop redditors caught red fucking handed FOR FREE?

Might be time to hoist the main, unfurl the genoa, and whatever other sailing metaphors mean it's time to get back in.

What say you @r32? It's starting to feel like the 2017 and 2021 flatline to slow climb is in play, and this could be a classic influx-of-new-money tailwind scenario.

BTC just flushed that morning pump. Lol

My guesses ...

More down coming. Maybe we see 21k again by end of year.

ETF approvals will be a "sell the news" event, after initial pop.

Gensler will lose his fucking job at some point. Also a "sell the news" event, after initial pop.

Then we start real bull run in 2024 and perhaps the final big expansion phase for BTC run to $100k+ deep into 2025 before market starts to find equilibrium a bit as volatility is hampered by tighter government regulations. I believe too many institutions are loaded with BTC already for it not to have another big run so they can cash out.

For ALTs, they follow BTC up of course. But no idea if they have real staying power. ALT game is just a pump and dump for founders and VCs, and most big firms don't seem to play them anymore. doz

Coinbase Futures might have an impact of new money coming to the table. Game is going to open wider for US players. Only 4x leverage though, so that sucks. Some think this event might be the real start to the next bull run.

BTC daily in a huge falling wedge, which converges in January. A breakout at any point would probably take us to 29k quickly.

1695828101887.png

BTC daily zoom. Maybe something like this. So many unknown factors though, with all the stock market and inflation bs.

1695828287664.png

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Didn't follow the Gamestop thing in detail, but they were caught naked shorting, right?

And not even a slap on the wrist with a wet noodle?

If so, sigh, what is the point of regulation without enforcement? Time has proven rules/laws/etc are ignored by businesses (and real actual individual people) unless there are teeth waiting to chomp when there are transgressions.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Didn't follow the Gamestop thing in detail, but they were caught naked shorting, right?

If so, sigh, what is the point of regulation without enforcement? Time has proven rules/laws/etc are ignored by businesses (and real actual individual people) unless there are teeth waiting to chomp when there are transgressions.
I don't know how 140% of floating shares can be sold short and there's no naked shorting, but there wasn't anything done to nail anyone in court. Of course.

Not only was there no slap on the wrist, Robin Hood and some other platforms froze buying, CNBC carried these assholes' water publicly, and Citadel and some other asshole(s) came in this helped bail Melvin Capital out.

• Sad
Reactions: Mr Doof

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

Quick recap

1. Melvin Capital, ran by some young stupid arrogant fuck. Par course for WallStreet.
2. They shorted GME with more shares than were available (naked shorting). Have to borrow shares to short. Can't short if there aren't any shares to borrow.
3. Melvin knew they were doing this, which is illegal.

4. Along comes Roaring Kitty. Post vid on GME analysis and why he believes it will rocket. It goes viral.
5. WallStreetBets reddit sub quickly grew from 100k redditors to 8 million. GME soars.
6. Melvin Capital was losing big so they asked Citadel for multi billion loan and doubled down.
7. GME blasted to ridiculous highs.

8. Melvin Capital forced to cover shorts and filed for bankruptcy after losing billions.
9. Congress inquires everyone, including RoaringKitty.

10. Someone tried to class action against RoaringKitty for securities fraud (cant let little guy win)
11. Movie script written, major actors cast for movie called "Dumb Money"

12. Congress did fuck all about any of this. Didn't hold anyone accountable for trying to naked short a company into the ground, except a few fines. This is what really gets me. Nobody gives af at gov level. All those hearings where congress peeps act so tough are purely for show. Always have been.

13. Now reddit / WSB crowd decides DSR is the way to continue the fight. So everyone is DSR-ing their GME stock. But hype of the event is dead and so is the stock price.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I forgot one key bit of info from GME saga.

After Melvin Capital got hammered for a billion dollar loss, they asked Citadel for more money so they could double down.

At this time, Robinhood App (investment app) was gaining huge traction and going big. It played a key role in GME skyrocket because Robinhood made it so easy for noobs to buy stock.

Citadel (biggest hedge fund trading firm in the world now) is one of Robinhood's partners. They are a market maker for Robinhood but I believe they are also invested in the company.

Out of the blue, Robinhood disabled buys for GME. It was a mind blowing move.

Many claim Citadel asked Robinhood to turn off buying for GME stock. This would mean all 15m of Robinhood users would not be able to buy GME stock. They could only sell it. This would greatly benefit anyone shorting the sh!t out of it, such as Melvin Capital which had doubled down.

Did Citadel protect it's loan to Melvin by asking Robinhood to shut off buying for GME?

Again, Congress did nothing about this except grill the CEO or Robinhood during a congressional hearing. And they just gave one lame bs excuse after another.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
what we need is a federal agency chartered to protect investors and maintain fair and orderly functioning of the securities markets!

:roflmao:
A panel headed by a certain aryan-looking Senator of Cherokee descent who was supposed to head the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in charge of investigations.

For enforcement, I want an informal, NGO state-based agency in charge. Preferably from the state of Sinaloa, Jalisco, or Michoacan.

Reactions: crustBrother