Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
interesting...

that's quite a list with some fairly popular alts on it

anyone have any links to the details on how the SEC decides that a particular coin is actually a security?

the only coin on that list that i've actually studied is FIL and i'm at a complete loss as to how that would be deemed a security

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
interesting...

that's quite a list with some fairly popular alts on it

anyone have any links to the details on how the SEC decides that a particular coin is actually a security?

the only coin on that list that i've actually studied is FIL and i'm at a complete loss as to how that would be deemed a security
SEC has been notoriously inconsistent on how they deem a crypto to be a security. See video below. That fck face now runs SEC. Go figure.

They use same Howey test as used for stocks. The argument from crypto industry is that the outdated stock regulation framework doesn't work for crypto. SEC refuses to accept they might need different framework which is specific to crypto.

SEC lawsuits everyone, then settles with a big fine payment. New bill in congress would separate crypto into two groups. Coin would be deemed a commodity,CFTC would overwatch. If coin deemed security, SEC would overwatch.

Gensler also has a checkered past, and he's been accused by some on in Congress of working in secret with SBF/FTX to crash the industry. There is an ongoing investigation into Gensler past, by Congress, including his role with Hillary Clinton campaign.

Reactions: crustBrother

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
BTC with a savage move this morning, to liquidate late shorts that piled in yesterday on the SEC / Binance news. Short squeezed orange juice anyone?

1686060751506.png

Reactions: bird.LA

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
LOL one fucking connected shitstain almost gets his boutique hedge fund wiped the fuck out because literally Reddit caught him naked shorting more of something than even exists.
Halt trading, fuck over everyone else for one silver spoon kid hedge fund parasite that should be hung from a fucking lamppost or a streetlight in Manhattan like one of the Shah's henchmen post-Revolution.

Robin Hood assfucks their own users. No worries.

But let's go after Coinbase and crypto in general.

Oh how I want to go on a safari where they call in a pack of hyenas and release these people naked to run across the savannah, then get ripped apart and eaten alive.