Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Thanks Boys, the whole world is farked.

Finally, there was what Grantham calls the kind of “crazy investor behavior” indicative of a late-stage bubble: meme stocks, a buying frenzy in electric-vehicle names, the rise of nonsensical cryptocurrencies such a dogecoin and multimillion-dollar prices for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs.
“This checklist for a super bubble running through its phases is now complete and the wild rumpus can begin at any time,” Grantham, 83, writes in his note. “When pessimism returns to markets, we face the largest potential markdown of perceived wealth in U.S. history.”
It could, he said, rival the impact of the dual collapse of Japanese stocks and real estate in the late 1980s. Not only are equities in a super bubble, according to Grantham there’s also a bubble in bonds, “the broadest and most extreme” bubble ever in global real estate and an “incipient bubble” in commodity prices. Even without a full reversion back to statistical trends, he calculates that losses in the U.S. alone may reach $35 trillion.”

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Thanks Boys, the whole world is farked.

Finally, there was what Grantham calls the kind of “crazy investor behavior” indicative of a late-stage bubble: meme stocks, a buying frenzy in electric-vehicle names, the rise of nonsensical cryptocurrencies such a dogecoin and multimillion-dollar prices for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs.
“This checklist for a super bubble running through its phases is now complete and the wild rumpus can begin at any time,” Grantham, 83, writes in his note. “When pessimism returns to markets, we face the largest potential markdown of perceived wealth in U.S. history.”
It could, he said, rival the impact of the dual collapse of Japanese stocks and real estate in the late 1980s. Not only are equities in a super bubble, according to Grantham there’s also a bubble in bonds, “the broadest and most extreme” bubble ever in global real estate and an “incipient bubble” in commodity prices. Even without a full reversion back to statistical trends, he calculates that losses in the U.S. alone may reach $35 trillion.”
Fuck 'em. I remain irrationally exuberant :cheers:
In the Red Sea that is my portfolio atm, I see small islands of green.This too shall pass.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
I'm still green overall.

I'm trying to sell one of my children now so I can buy that dip!

WHAT IS THE EASIEST COINBASE CONNECTED TAX SOLUTION?
Coinbase or Coinbase pro? Two different things.

Coinbase has export feature where file goes directly into Turbo Tax. Super easy.

But for some fucking reason, they did not put same feature in Coinbase Pro. So you have to export your trades from CB Pro, and then use third-party to convert the trade data into tax document. I use Bitcoin.Tax last three years and it's super easy and cheap. $40 if I recall correctly.

I set up READ-ONLY (!!!!) API keys at exchanges I want to import the data, then plug those into Bitcoin.tax. I trade on 5 different exchanges and it combines all of them. Then you can download a TurboTax (TT) ready file. Easy and done.

Don't forget if you've earned free coins via staking or Coinbase Earn-type programs, you need to include that info on your tax docs as well.

Reactions: EastCoastBrah

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Assuming this morning was the bottom (not a sure thing) it's interesting to see what's caught the biggest bounces so far...

Some of the tickers I'm watching:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.24.02 AM.png

Reactions: brukuns

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
r32 were you looking at the makerdao 7 siblings saga?

tldr some dude "7 siblings" (maybe 7 dudes?) had $600mm in collateralized maker dao vaults that were on the cusp of liquidation if ETH fell below 2500 and he wasn't paying attention

he managed to jump in and save most of it but the spike down right under 2500 was $65m of his stake getting auctioned

dropped the price to 2250 briefly

• Wow
Reactions: r32