Who had that Bitcoin target price prediction?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Random bit of news

Watching Icelandic news this morning. Yah, that's a thing. Power shortage in Iceland right now, until May, and that it is affecting the huge Bitcoin farms there. No idea if/how this might affect price. Perhaps @Chee-to or someone else can offer some conjecture.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
How did the geothermal powered centers lose power? Lines down?

Edit:

Polly the dog! Watched his stuff when the volcano was erupting.
There was an article in Bloomberg back in Dec talking about the energy shortage and how Iceland was turning away NEW crypto farms. But didn't really cover what happens to existing farms. Valur said this power shortage would be in effect until May.

From Dec Bloomberg article

"Low hydro reservoir levels, a malfunction at a power station and a delay in obtaining power from an external producer led to the reduction, effective immediately, the company said on Tuesday. In addition to fish-feed plants, the reductions apply to large customers on curtailable short-term contracts. Record demand also played a part, said Tinna Traustadottir, executive vice president of sales and customer service at Landsvirkjun. "

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Too late reporting this so don't act on it but...

DOGE (50% in four days)
SHIB

Meme coins on fire today. Elon just tweeted about a TSLA whistle available and listed price is in DOGE. That sent DOGE up another 13% in a few seconds.

Also, Coinbase added four more coins today. New coins PRO (40%) and NCT (120%) went big. NCT is an interesting project. https://polyswarm.io/

The meme coins have jump started some other coins which have been slowly climbing tonight. BTC still in a bit of a funk though. But stable enough to allow some ALT gains. How long with BTC remain stable? I'm still waiting for that drop into the 30s.

Reactions: stringcheese

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
BTC trying to go bull this morning and ALTs following. Channel break time or another rejection?

Riding LUNA.

BTC 2h

1642173327431.png

BTC 15m

Break of first resistance was strong. Now we go for channel break.

1642173409882.png

Last edited:
Reactions: SirKooksALot

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Too late reporting this so don't act on it but...

DOGE (50% in four days)
SHIB

Meme coins on fire today. Elon just tweeted about a TSLA whistle available and listed price is in DOGE. That sent DOGE up another 13% in a few seconds.

Also, Coinbase added four more coins today. New coins PRO (40%) and NCT (120%) went big. NCT is an interesting project. https://polyswarm.io/

The meme coins have jump started some other coins which have been slowly climbing tonight. BTC still in a bit of a funk though. But stable enough to allow some ALT gains. How long with BTC remain stable? I'm still waiting for that drop into the 30s.

Polygon(matic) is interesting right now

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
XYO at 293 and chart is looking very interesting.

Lunar Crash tracks social attention for crypto projects.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
There's an ongoing XYO trading activity happening at Huobi... also high yielding staking options for it... might be related.
Good catch. I see they just listed it 5 days ago.

Huobi is pretty big exchange in Asia. They used to be top 4 but slipped to 6 now stiff competition.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Good catch. I see they just listed it 5 days ago.

Huobi is pretty big exchange in Asia. They used to be top 4 but slipped to 6 now stiff competition.

I have put some money in there mostly to try and get into some of those primelist events. But it’s a good exchange. You earn a bunch of points as soon as you join and you can pay all taxes with it. Also a bunch of little activities on twitter and they pay you some different tokens. I‘ve already earned 3 different tokens just for retweeting stuff and I think there’s more on the way.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
What I'm looking at. Yellow dotted is Saylor's current average buy price.

BTC weekly. I like the green zone for support, particularly the lower half of the zone. Vertical yellow represents approximate tax season. Anything is possible of course. Further it goes down, the more people will swoop in and buy. I don't think this crypto winter will be as long as the last. Although some 'experts' have been saying the bear/bull cycles will get longer.

Don't forget to take into account overall economy and stock market health. If we go into a recession who knows wtf will happen with crypto.

View attachment 121920
:unsure:

Last edited: