White Lives Matter rally in Huntington Beach Tomorrow

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Please tell us how well embracing inequality has worked out for societies in the past.
LOL, move goalposts much? You went from endorsing "equity" to calling the opposite of it inequality.

I never said anything about suppressing equality. We should absolutely strive for equality of opportunity. Equity implies ownership and equality of outcome, which is the one way road to hell that every failed Marxist nation went down.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
LOL, move goalposts much? You went from endorsing "equity" to calling the opposite of it inequality.

I never said anything about suppressing equality. We should absolutely strive for equality of opportunity. Equity implies ownership and equality of outcome, which is the one way road to hell that every failed Marxist nation went down.
MAARKSISSSSS

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

For the last sentence, a clear issue is that people will always try to make sure that some are more equal than others. Kind of defeats the goal of a collective society.

This also reminds me that reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, Kesey seemed to embody this. Ommmm. Kumbaya.... but I'll be the grand poobah dictating who can do acid. If I am feeling masochistic, I'll have to read that book again followed by Cosmic Banditos to decide who is the more pretentious asshole. :unsure:

Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
grapedrink said:
I never said anything about suppressing equality.
You never said anything about not suppressing equality either.

Just like you never said anything bad about Trump.

Or how you never said anything bad about Proud Bois.

ANTEEEFA MARKSISS

Reactions: Woke AF

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
For the last sentence, a clear issue is that people will always try to make sure that some are more equal than others. Kind of defeats the goal of a collective society.

This also reminds me that reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, Kesey seemed to embody this. Ommmm. Kumbaya.... but I'll be the grand poobah dictating who can do acid. If I am feeling masochistic, I'll have to read that book again followed by Cosmic Banditos to decide who is the more pretentious asshole. :unsure:

LOL - the CIA distributed the acid, dummy

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
A better more equal outcome for all.
Yes let’s be like Cuba where a brain surgeon makes the same $100 monthly salary as a janitor. Sign me up!

Even amongst people of similar socioeconomic starting points we don’t have equality of outcome because we don’t have equality of effort.

You never said anything about not suppressing equality either.
Actually I did, I said that we should strive for equality of opportunity. #learntoread