What's your favorite edible Brassica? (kale, collards, cabbage, cauliflower, etc.)

What's your favorite edible Brassica? (kale, brocolli, cabbage, etc.)

• Total voters

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Arugula no doubt. The good stuff, not the flavorless store stuff. Great for a fresh salad, sandwich or sautéed in a stir fry. Also doesn't make me gassy unlike everything else on the list.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Voted for cabbage. Cheap, works both raw and cooked, and reminds me of Chinese food. I usually pull my proteins from the pan, throw in some chopped onions or shallots if I have them on hand, then cook down the cabbage. No brainer.

In fairness, that works with most brassicas, but cabbage seems to do the best IMO. Kale in sausage grease with italian sausage, garlic, rigatoni and romano cheese is my go to pasta.

Cauliflower is great lots of ways and arguably the most versatile. I like to cut it into steaks and brown them in a hot pan with some olive oil and roast in the oven.

What I like about arugula is you can put it on a plate raw and throw your meats on top of it, giving it a gentle wilt and a nice bitter contrast to the meatiness and fat :beer:

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube
Voted for cabbage. Cheap, works both raw and cooked, and reminds me of Chinese food. I usually pull my proteins from the pan, throw in some chopped onions or shallots if I have them on hand, then cook down the cabbage. No brainer.

In fairness, that works with most brassicas, but cabbage seems to do the best IMO. Kale in sausage grease with italian sausage, garlic, rigatoni and romano cheese is my go to pasta.

Cauliflower is great lots of ways and arguably the most versatile. I like to cut it into steaks and brown them in a hot pan with some olive oil and roast in the oven.

What I like about arugula is you can put it on a plate raw and throw your meats on top of it, giving it a gentle wilt and a nice bitter contrast to the meatiness and fat :beer:
How long have you known that you are gay?

If it's in front of at the table, you eat it and say it's the best thing you've ever had.....You're welcome!