what do u people do for a living. wax dryl aruka etc?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I believe wayurdyl works USPS. I'm more curious where do these guys store them all? airplane hangar?? Aruka must have a barn on his 40 acres.
I've gone through a ton of boards last few years as I've experimented a lot, but most were excellent condition 2nd-hand, (several from erBB who tend to take great care of their boards), with maybe 1 new/custom a year. Now that I feel like I've dialed in what I want and really works for me, I've gone a bit nuts with a few customs lately. I do get crap from the wife, but it's my only hobby/escape, and she knows there's way worse things a guy can be doing with his free time (gambling, strip clubs, affairs, etc). I'm convinced a man needs a distraction from work/life to stay sane and it makes him a better husband/father. My dad was into sports cars and boats, so this all seems pretty small potatoes. Wife mostly is annoyed at how much of our storage space they take up. I'm on vacation with my wife's family and her brother was telling me how he has a $40k baseball card collection he's gotten super into this year. So, it's all relative. I had to laugh when he said he made card friends online and they chat about cards, valuation, and strategy. Nerds! I wonder if they have a bizarro-Retodd to patiently answer all their stupid questions.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Do a lot of people surf in rural Oregon?

Any board I sell I lose a sh!t ton - usually 50% - even if lightly used. Can be hard to get a buyer.
Too many for my tastes, hah. But no, there's not a lot of buyers relative to SoCal. On the plus side there's not a lot of sellers either so when I list a barely used Rusty/Pyzel/JS/etc. there is usually some interest. Mostly though I sell to one of my three friends who ride similar dims. I give them a bro deal and we are all stocked.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
No mortgage - that helps.

I buy 2 new customs a year, and sell 2 usually at about half price. That's about NZ$1000 a year. Add wetsuits, and surfing costs me less than NZ$1500 a year.

Baseball cards? $40k worth?!?

Last edited: