what do u people do for a living. wax dryl aruka etc?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I had a custom 5'9 Rusty SD (I'm 5'10 185) and I ordered it a little too thick, kept the width close to stock, it has pretty low nose rocker compared to any Sharpeye, it's a great stubby shortboard, if I had to do it again I'd go slightly wider with thinned rails. I'm curious about the Disco too. It looks user friendly with enough nose flip to take steeper or bowlier drops. There's a stock 5'11 at a local shop that tempts me, I throw under my arm and fondle every time I'm there.
FWIW "The SD" is the Rusty model I see most on CL, barely used. Maybe they are describing it wrong, if so many dudes aren't clicking with it.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
how do I say this proper? I want a stubby that isn't a stubby hahahaha

Like a grinder X but closer to my height not a 5'5" maybe an inch or two shorter than my 5'9" max but w the fatter rails and lower rocker, not too wide though. Edit I should just email the shaper not spitball my coffee thoughts on here, but wheres the fun on that
I am 5'8" 170# and my buzzsaw is 5'7" x19" x2.18" pintail with sk8 deck I use FU#2(4.5"/4 25") quad set. The sk8 deck keeps meat in middle and nice foiled rails go 1/4" thinner then normal dd or hpsb depending on range you order. I ordered mine as step up to my superbuzz stubby for solid 4'-6'+ water moving hpsb best of days barreling beach break but can also be ordered as dd duties small range.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I am 5'8" 170# and my buzzsaw is 5'7" x19" x2.18" pintail with sk8 deck I use FU#2(4.5"/4 25") quad set. The sk8 deck keeps meat in middle and nice foiled rails go 1/4" thinner then normal dd or hpsb depending on range you order. I ordered mine as step up to my superbuzz stubby for solid 4'-6'+ water moving hpsb best of days barreling beach break but can also be ordered as dd duties small range.
poking around the website... stretch's prices seem pretty reasonable to me now for well-made epoxy, especially in the age of $1K PU Album YOLOS

• Haha
Reactions: racer1

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
The Parmenter/Aleutian Juice Micro Stubby is a great stubby-style shortboard. I picked one up from a fellow erBBer and really dig it. It's 5'8 and thickkkkk. so fun.

"A hybrid of a hybrid, the Micro-Stubby is a ridden as a much shorter, thinner, and curvier version of the Stubb-Vector. For surfers trying to wean themselves off of absurdly underpowered flick sticks, this is the surfboard you want under your feet. For those susceptible to peer pressure, this board resembles a groovy pro shortboard, but skates over dead spots like a Fish and chucks you up at the lip with twice the speed of a conventional shortboard."

Reactions: sushipop and Bman76

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
My wife just lost it because i've been cashing out my long service leave to buy boards. She claimed the money was our nest egg. I told her the boards are our nest egg. There was stunned silence...
You have a good pair on ya!

• Haha
Reactions: Bman76