What Campbell bros is Miley February Surfing?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
That's OT's board. I haven't seen it since I cut it. Thanks for posting the picture/link.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
As I remember OT had me order a reverse T-band stringer. Dark wood down the center and blue HD foam on the outside. I added black glue because I thought the blue foam needed the outline/contrast. It looked good cut. And I heard it came out looking good. Hopefully OT is stoked.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Clicked on link and was also wondering if that was his board. Hope he's surfing heaps as last time I spoke with him his body was pushing back on him. Nice board.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Bman76 said:
Mine is 6'2. Such an excellent board - exactly as Maz described, works in many conditions. I rode it all last summer, which was by no means good waves most of the time. I've been out of the water three months and have many good boards on the racks, but this will be the one i will go to first.

nice boar! that pic makez me want 2 get a bonker!

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
i_shapes said:
The stringers are PVC/plastic

The material is more flexible than wood. One PVC stringer was too flexible. So I tried three. Still more flexible than a single wood but enough pop to feel more alive. Maybe next time I'll try a HD foam PVC combo. This kind of stuff interests me so it's part of keeping me engaged.
What advantage do you think the PVC stringers have over wood, feel wise?

I've been interested in ordering a board with one because of the consistency of the material vs. wood.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
hey i_shapes do you know of anyone ever using glass fiber reinforced polymer's for stringer material?

or how about a g-10 stringer? the stuff is so strong it seems like you could get away with a thin one.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Found the upper limits of my Russ Short today, at least for me. Very solid Lennox point this morning, and I had a few spin outs before adjusting my stance and riding.

Good fun while it lasted.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Aruka

15-20 years ago

T&C had some Burford blanks with tiny revearse t- band stringers , the center black section was carbon fiber and the looked great .

They instantly dulled any blade in shaping them and were not made for very long .

Mid 90's Glen Minami's Blue Hawaii used white PVC stringers on all the Japan boards , VERY flexible , making handshaping those to specific rocker #'s difficult - hard to get an accurate measurement

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Aruka said:
hey i_shapes do you know of anyone ever using glass fiber reinforced polymer's for stringer material?

or how about a g-10 stringer? the stuff is so strong it seems like you could get away with a thin one.
There was this stuff...

https://usblanks.com/blank-options/stringer-selection-2/powerline-stringerz/

I haven't seen one in a while now. Someone told me they thought they had stopped making them, but I never sought verification one way or the other.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Maz said:
Found the upper limits of my Russ Short today, at least for me. Very solid Lennox point this morning, and I had a few spin outs before adjusting my stance and riding.

what fin you got in the back? It will get even heavier today!

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i_shapes said:
Aruka said:

There was this stuff...

https://usblanks.com/blank-options/stringer-selection-2/powerline-stringerz/

I haven't seen one in a while now. Someone told me they thought they had stopped making them, but I never sought verification one way or the other.

Oh yeah now I remember hearing about those Powerline stringers a while back. Never tried one.

After dropping my cordless drill off a 30 foot ladder and it surviving unscathed I just started wondering...

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Bman76 said:
Maz said:

6.5”. Didn’t like the 7”. No surfing for me today, though. Was at hospital with suspected broken foot, bu just bad bruising. Day off.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
Maz said:
Bman76 said:
Maz said:

6.5”. Didn’t like the 7”. No surfing for me today, though. Was at hospital with suspected broken foot, bu just bad bruising. Day off.
Ouch! You hit the bottom or the board? I've been out three months. Ruptured appendix - went into septic shock, nearly died. I've been PTing hard to get back, but the sepsis hit my legs really bad. I couldn't walk for two weeks while in the hospital, so i'm trying to get muscle back on them. Started some kneeboarding a few weeks back - good fun, but not the same. Another month and i shoiuld be right, but it is hard missing winter swell. I missed last year too because of a shoulder injury too. Hope it heals quick mate.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Fcking Lennox ripped me to shreds just paddling out on a bigger day and mistimed jump.

Surf looks like it’s been solid. Man I miss it over there

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Bman76 said:
Maz said:
Bman76 said:
Maz said:

Ouch! You hit the bottom or the board? I've been out three months. Ruptured appendix - went into septic shock, nearly died. I've been PTing hard to get back, but the sepsis hit my legs really bad. I couldn't walk for two weeks while in the hospital, so i'm trying to get muscle back on them. Started some kneeboarding a few weeks back - good fun, but not the same. Another month and i shoiuld be right, but it is hard missing winter swell. I missed last year too because of a shoulder injury too. Hope it heals quick mate.
Geez bman. Glad you're on the way up. How long was your appendix ruptured before you got it taken out?

Get better soon too Maz.

Bman76

Nep status
Mar 10, 2011
jkb said:
Bman76 said:
Maz said:
Bman76 said:
Maz said:

Geez bman. Glad you're on the way up. How long was your appendix ruptured before you got it taken out?

Get better soon too Maz.
3 days. I just thought i had food poisoning! Vomiting and burning in the gut, but nothing too painful. Drove myself up to the hospital and passed out in the waiting room (went into septic shock). Woke up with nurses and doctors standing over me - nearly had a heart attack, but they got them out (they had ruptured and parts were just floating around...). Crazy how bad sepsis is. Just have no strength at all. Went from being lean, strong and fit to a POW. Weighed 55kg when i left hosptial and unable to walk without assistance. Should take six months to feel normal.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Heal well, Mr Bman!

I’ll be alright very soon. Foot has improved hugely, so will hit The Pass for a little play, then return to Lennox tomorrow morning.

I found the one rock that was impossibly slippery and jammed my foot between the boulders. Idiot.

Russ Short got banged about on the hungry Lennox rocks, but still looks near pristine.