Water Fasting

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
the guy who put dana on this fast was on rogan
gary something, biologist, sounds very smart
worth a listen

Does he like stem cell injections in TJ as well? Maybe some 7-day meditation retreats with the San Clemente boys?

• Haha
Reactions: kawika

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Just water fasted for almost 48 hours for the first time ever recently so they could check my colon for the first time. :LOL:

It felt good, in a sadistic sort of way, and from what I've gathered it's good to level set your glucose. If you can water fast it's pretty safe to say your not a diabetic or pre-diabetic.

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
70% chance of not getting cancer !

Sounds legit

I preferred the part about not getting All-timers.

Anyway, fasting.....back in the day it was drinking water and just not eating. You know, like going from Mt Jefferson to Mt Hood and going, "You didn't bring the food? Dude, that was your job. I was bringing the tent!"

Well, can I state the obvious?

It's water weight loss. That is all.

It will come right back with that first in-n-out burger that you were craving for the past 4 days?
Yeah...reminded me of trying to make weight for wrestling.

-Don't spill your seed too often

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Technically he wasn't fasting if he was drinking bone broth, with 45 calories a serving.

I tried fasting for a time. I tried doing 72 hour fasts. The instructions I was following said to break your fast with a raw salad- carrots, cabbage and spinach, no dressing except lemon juice. Problem was, when I'd feel hunger pangs for some reason I would obsess about donuts. And then when 72 hours was up I'd go and get donuts.

I've decided at 5-11, 155 lbs, I don't need to fast. My challlenge is gettign enough protein.

I do start my day with 32 ounces of water with half a lemon squeezed in. It promotes "regularity."

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I've decided at 5-11, 155 lbs, I don't need to fast. My challlenge is gettign enough protein.
bruh, I'm 5-6, 160 lbs. You don't need to fast or diet. You good.

I eat 2 meals a day. Lunch and dinner. Never snack in between. Healthy whole food as best as I can.

I'm not going to beat myself up over eating something that is not on my diet menu like if I'm at an event I might have to eat a hotdog at the ball game. Get over it and just get back on program the next day.

I will say that I eat very little carbs or processed foods. Lot's of fish and I don't ever eat fries.

Reactions: Ifallalot

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Technically he wasn't fasting if he was drinking bone broth, with 45 calories a serving.

I tried fasting for a time. I tried doing 72 hour fasts. The instructions I was following said to break your fast with a raw salad- carrots, cabbage and spinach, no dressing except lemon juice. Problem was, when I'd feel hunger pangs for some reason I would obsess about donuts. And then when 72 hours was up I'd go and get donuts.

I do start my day with 32 ounces of water with half a lemon squeezed in. It promotes "regularity."
we a similair frame - 6'0 150 give or take a pound. istruggle to get enough protein to. usually only about 100grams a day but i think thats actually not to bad.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006

Get some redmonds salt in that water.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Sounds like mid-life Crisis. (I kid ;)) I stopped drinking alcohol entirely three months ago and have never looked or felt better. Blood Pressure, joint pain, heart palpitations, red face, irritability, are all gone. I eat healthy fruits and veggies everyday, switched from milk to Oat milk and butter to Natural Balance. I splurge on one decadence (hamburger, slice of pizza or lasagna) on the weekend. I've lost 10 lbs and I'm back down to 176 lbs. @ 6'1" and 57 years old. I could use more excercise but I'm basically a lazy person. Surfing, dog walks and working around the house are pretty much it for me. It doesn't really matter though because right now I'm the happiest I've been in a very, very, very long time.

I just got back from the Dr. office and was stocked to see the change on my chart. B.P. is down to 118/72, heart rate at 74 bpms, and oxygen at 98%. That's after a cup of Sumatran black coffee. :applause2:
Everyone should watch this-

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

so does coffee

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
standard 10k beach run and beers

stay mo
I was 210 lbs and out of shape in September 2020. How I kept track was to create a meal plan in excel that included protein and calories and portion sizes. I measured and weighed my food until I got used to the plan. I'm 185 now. I don't snack. No junk in my house. No booze Sun through Thurs unless on vacation or special occasions.

Good work getting it back! At out age - you lose it - its over

just ran my morning 5 on the beach and secret spot in front of my place good - no one out - got a few

best way to stay in shape is to not get out of shape

0C551873-2A87-4AD4-9CDD-B4B63580DA34.jpeg

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
Completed 50 hours last evening. Wanted to go for 60 plus but Momma got home from HNL and said nope, you eating braddah, that's long enough. LOL.
Since IF is part of what I do everyday, the first 18 hours was easy. The next 6-10 not so much. Body used to getting something besides tea and water so stomach was really growling and I was quite a bit hungry. Didn't get the best of sleep either. Sunday was alot easier. Water, black coffee, and green tea again but really not that hungry at all. Ate some eggs with jalapenos and a banana for dinner. Woke up feeling really good this morning. I will do it for 72 hours next time, when momma heads to HNL for a longer time. Haha. Maybe incorporate a weekly 24 hour fast as well. It's not for everyone. I never thought it would be for me. But older now and looking at the benefits. Not weight loss but the anti inflammatory aspect, etc.
Everyone have a great December full of waves and uncrowded line ups. :shaka:

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I know it's not fasting but a few years ago I tried a soup diet (that you're supposed to only do for 1 week, it's a diet people do before having heart surgery. You can have as much soup as you want, but each day there's something specific you can also eat... I don't remember the order, but I know one of the days you can have salad, the other day you can have red meat (obviously low fat and limited amount), other day potatoes, etc.

It works, but I remember how it messed with you... animalistic sweet cravings. It works but damn... I also remember getting a bit sick afterwards, immunity probably went to sh!t.

I just started trying to get my sh!t together, I will probably try some intermittent fasting. Gotta lose those freaking love handles god dammit!