Water Fasting

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Can you guys pull this off if you have the munchies big time? Question for the weed heads. Weed is the worst enemy of my diet.

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
I am getting enough calories in 2 meals a day and a high protein snack. I continue to lose fat but I lift too much to lose weight. I shoot for 180 grams of protein a day. I simplified my eating. Most of my protein comes from grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken I get delivered. I eat avocados, fruit and honey. I started mixing protein powder (garden of life sport) and collagen powder with coconut water in a bowl and adding greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I call it a protein slurry. This is a 75 gram protein snack. My cholesterol is still around 200. I eat brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds. I make smoothies with pomegranate juice, pineapple, blueberries, watermelon and kale. I cut seed oils, gluten and anything with msg, high fructose corn syrup, dyes, etc from my diet. My mental, physical and sexual health have never been better and I'm almost 54.

how the f do you even keep track of that?
i eat a few eggs in the morning
6 beers at sunset
light meal for dinner - chicken - veggies - rice
maybe a post meal 24 oz beer

protein in beer - ya?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Can you guys pull this off if you have the munchies big time? Question for the weed heads. Weed is the worst enemy of my diet.
i get the munchies big time if i sit around and let myself get bored. Saturday is my day of gluttony - i eat everything in sight till i feel sick, i dont work out besides a surf, and i get high all day. i gain a couple pounds each weekend and then its gone by Tuesday.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
all this fasting stuff and fancy diets are getting out of control. if you need to starve yourself for 18 hours a day to feel good and stay in shape - might be something else going on there.

eat less - exercise more..decent amount of protien..very simple yall.
Something else is going on here- our food supply is horrendous and poisonous.

That being said, not eating for 18 hours a day is not "starving" yourself; don't eat for 3-4 hours after you wake up, don't eat for 5-6 hours before going to bed, and sleep for 8 hours. Boom, there you go

I also think snacking is the enemy. If you just eat meals and nothing in between you'll be ok as well, in addition to the "eating less" aka smaller portions like you mentioned

The "exercise more" is not always the answer. The old maxim of "you can't outrun a bad diet" holds true, especially as we age

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
how the f do you even keep track of that?
i eat a few eggs in the morning
6 beers at sunset
light meal for dinner - chicken - veggies - rice
maybe a post meal 24 oz beer

protein in beer - ya?
I was 210 lbs and out of shape in September 2020. How I kept track was to create a meal plan in excel that included protein and calories and portion sizes. I measured and weighed my food until I got used to the plan. I'm 185 now. I don't snack. No junk in my house. No booze Sun through Thurs unless on vacation or special occasions.

Reactions: Truth and npsp

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Something else is going on here- our food supply is horrendous and poisonous.

That being said, not eating for 18 hours a day is not "starving" yourself; don't eat for 3-4 hours after you wake up, don't eat for 5-6 hours before going to bed, and sleep for 8 hours. Boom, there you go

I also think snacking is the enemy. If you just eat meals and nothing in between you'll be ok as well, in addition to the "eating less" aka smaller portions like you mentioned

The "exercise more" is not always the answer. The old maxim of "you can't outrun a bad diet" holds true, especially as we age
its never been easier to get good food than it is now and when you put it that way with the hours it doesnt seem that bad yea - but unnesacry IMO. food is good - why would i not want to eat some and add one more thing to in my life to a schedule - oh look its time to eat - nah not for me b.

snacking is the def enemy. 5 oreos is basically a half days worth of calories. i dont keep food in the house for that reason (except saturdays. ill fkn smash a BOX of oreos or whatever else, brownies, twizzlers, indian food buffet)

and yea exercise is worthless if you eat like sh!t. thats why it was the second thing I wrote and not the first. food is everything. most people eat their whole days worht of cals in their bfast and coffee.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
I am getting enough calories in 2 meals a day and a high protein snack. I continue to lose fat but I lift too much to lose weight. I shoot for 180 grams of protein a day. I simplified my eating. Most of my protein comes from grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken I get delivered. I eat avocados, fruit and honey. I started mixing protein powder (garden of life sport) and collagen powder with coconut water in a bowl and adding greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I call it a protein slurry. This is a 75 gram protein snack. My cholesterol is still around 200. I eat brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds. I make smoothies with pomegranate juice, pineapple, blueberries, watermelon and kale. I cut seed oils, gluten and anything with msg, high fructose corn syrup, dyes, etc from my diet. My mental, physical and sexual health have never been better and I'm almost 54.
Sounds like mid-life Crisis. (I kid ;)) I stopped drinking alcohol entirely three months ago and have never looked or felt better. Blood Pressure, joint pain, heart palpitations, red face, irritability, are all gone. I eat healthy fruits and veggies everyday, switched from milk to Oat milk and butter to Natural Balance. I splurge on one decadence (hamburger, slice of pizza or lasagna) on the weekend. I've lost 10 lbs and I'm back down to 176 lbs. @ 6'1" and 57 years old. I could use more excercise but I'm basically a lazy person. Surfing, dog walks and working around the house are pretty much it for me. It doesn't really matter though because right now I'm the happiest I've been in a very, very, very long time.

I just got back from the Dr. office and was stocked to see the change on my chart. B.P. is down to 118/72, heart rate at 74 bpms, and oxygen at 98%. That's after a cup of Sumatran black coffee. :applause2:

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
SrPato, nice work. But oat milk and natural balance which is soybean oil you can do without. Real butter and milk are healthier. I could never cut wine completely but really only drink a little on Friday and Saturdays and I do look way better. Big booze nights swells me up and made my heart race too.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sounds like mid-life Crisis. (I kid ;)) I stopped drinking alcohol entirely three months ago and have never looked or felt better. Blood Pressure, joint pain, heart palpitations, red face, irritability, are all gone. I eat healthy fruits and veggies everyday, switched from milk to Oat milk and butter to Natural Balance. I splurge on one decadence (hamburger, slice of pizza or lasagna) on the weekend. I've lost 10 lbs and I'm back down to 176 lbs. @ 6'1" and 57 years old. I could use more excercise but I'm basically a lazy person. Surfing, dog walks and working around the house are pretty much it for me. It doesn't really matter though because right now I'm the happiest I've been in a very, very, very long time.

I just got back from the Dr. office and was stocked to see the change on my chart. B.P. is down to 118/72, heart rate at 74 bpms, and oxygen at 98%. That's after a cup of Sumatran black coffee. :applause2:
How much were you drinking when you drank?

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
the guy who put dana on this fast was on rogan
gary something, biologist, sounds very smart
worth a listen

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
It's simple and the same thing...

-There are no short cuts (pills/powders/etc, look at them ALL as garbage)...rarely when tested do they remotely come close to the claims/nutritional labels, your body might process them as coded in the lab they came from but assimilation isn't 100% and your body is saying "not this $&^$ again" when it sees it

-Eat straight from the earth (no packages/products)...fruits, vegetables, dead animals, nuts, etc, zero processing

-Cook your own food, don't support restaurant filth

-Exercise, mix it up, make it interesting, doesn't have to be 45 minutes on a treadmill, 3 forms of exercise discipline for 10 minutes each 2 to 3 x a week will keep everything updated, not rusty, don't let your joints/components/etc become dormant, keep them alive and awake

-Be disciplined, go to bed/get up same time every day no matter what, learn to like to cook vs a quick meal at "Chemicals/Plastics/Preservatives" fast food joint

-Alcohol is poison no matter how you justify/defend it and supposedly perform on it (on youtube search: what alcohol does to your body, brain and health by Andrew Huberman)

-Don't smoke anything

-Don't spill your seed too often

Virtue makes vice uncomfortable, don't take the time you have left for granted, stop believing your prime was in your 20's, 30's, doesn't have to be at all, if you're in a bad/self destructed rut, you can get out...addictions that hurt us and we gravitate towards pass time in that moment/day and scoot us on to the next morning, spend those 2 - 3 hours (that time your daily "go to" takes place) doing something else...no judgement, sharing from experience in both realms, see you OG's in the water!