Varial foam Article/Ride Reports?

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
has anyone bought blem boards before? A few in my size on the list that I would be interested in getting

1. Minor off-center lam on nose

2. Incorrect lams

Will these blems look really ugly? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
has anyone bought blem boards before? A few in my size on the list that I would be interested in getting

1. Minor off-center lam on nose

2. Incorrect lams
CI SB shop has a whole room full and everyone I checked out was either laminate/color or browning but never had/saw dings pure cosmetic blem.

Feb 5, 2010
does the varial carbon build handle wind/chop any better? the marketing makes it sounds like it does but wondering on the consensus here

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
does the varial carbon build handle wind/chop any better? the marketing makes it sounds like it does but wondering on the consensus here
i can only compare to a 646 glassed varial. i think the heavier 646 is probably better in chop. don't get me wrong, the carbon builds are fine in some wind and chop but at least for me i think generally more weight is better, regardless of material. overall i think varial are better than EPS in chop because of the slower rebound speed (less chatter) but if you glass them heavy enough (like stretch does) even EPS will handle chop pretty well.

if you want the carbon varial but with more weight for windy days I'm pretty sure they would throw an extra layer of glass on there to beef it up a bit.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
i can only compare to a 646 glassed varial. i think the heavier 646 is probably better in chop. don't get me wrong, the carbon builds are fine in some wind and chop but at least for me i think generally more weight is better, regardless of material. overall i think varial are better than EPS in chop because of the slower rebound speed (less chatter) but if you glass them heavy enough (like stretch does) even EPS will handle chop pretty well.

if you want the carbon varial but with more weight for windy days I'm pretty sure they would throw an extra layer of glass on there to beef it up a bit.
Agree 100% reason always go CFT medium and even went heavy on my step up:shaka:

Reactions: Aruka

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Ok... 2 things. I just left Varial and chatted with Paul about the sale Saturday. I told him about this thread and he said "Oh boy..."
I then felt up one of the 6'0 PU carbon Twinsmans and it felt pretty darn nice. Def a cloudy finish with blems but overall if I wanted one I would buy. I then YOLO'd the 6'0 Stamps Flare....:applause2: I have a sickness.