Update on Sunny?

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
entire thing is so awful. man i wish something had been slightly different so this never would have been. sunny should still be out there ripping. :cry:
It’s so heavy. I wonder if he’s cognizant but trapped in a body that won’t function. Absolute worst possible outcome.

My dad’s health had been failing for a few years, several bouts in the hospital intensive care. Last incident he didn’t make it and though I was sad I was somewhat relieved the decline did’nt drag out even longer.

I wonder if whoever found Sunny regrets bringing him back.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I saw the post from his daughter the other day. Really sad unfortunate situation that seems to be getting weirder. I know he was a flawed human being but his kids don’t deserve this.

I would think next of kin would legally be able to demand a wellness check, especially if he’s not living in any kind of medical facility. But I guess it is Texas.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Sunny's daughter Kaila, (Kelly Slaters Goddaughter) calling Slater out and basically referring to the GOAT as more of a Chicken sh!t.
View attachment 158773
When everyone around you distances themselves from you, you have to wonder..........could I be the crazy one?

But no, she's not wondering that......because she has God on her side.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't think there is anything wrong with judging. But probably best to keep these judgements to oneself.

It's hard to be human and gets harder as you get older.

Mostly due to health issues and the loss of loved ones.

Jack-the-Ripper

OTF status
Feb 10, 2023
When everyone around you distances themselves from you, you have to wonder..........could I be the crazy one?

Thought the same, then remembered Slater is not normal and loves attention from people like this woman. Can't you imagine Slater being into some weird mad scientist unethical type stuff?

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
instagram account has been yanked, lori prob has friendds in high places at meta. the ploice report about finding sunny hanging from a clothes rack in th besrt western was brutal

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
perhaps slater is legally bound to not say or do anything like the rest

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Who were Sunny's sponsors at the time of his attempted suicide? I wonder if he has a legal agreement or contract with them that has to be honored as long as he's alive? Or they don't want to pull his sponsorships and look like they are abandoning him in his darkest hour?

I agree with whoever said this is the worst possible outcome for Sunny and the family.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja

yea i was going to point out the God thing also. So why post at all then and like many things there is two sides to many stories