Update on Sunny?

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
Poor Sunny. Dude had a hard, difficult life- and also enjoyed a pro surfing lifestyle and world championship.
Tried to kill himself and is now stuck in purgatory - draining family and friend emotions and resources.
Easy to say that karma caught up and bitch-slapped Sunny for all his aggression and violence and this is a lesson for all you wannabe future enforcers.
I'm the same age as Sunny and have always appreciated his surfing. Wish him and his family well.

• Wow
Reactions: Boneroni and rts265

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
Sorry, I shouldn't have said that, I aplogize(the forum won't let me delete the post). I was referring to his comments in the "Hawaii - Done" thread. I've been wondering about Sunny's health as well.....No recent updates as far as I know.

Reactions: Boneroni

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I was actually thinking of him today on my bike ride. Don't know why but I did think about him and how he might be doing. There hasn't been any updates for some time so probably no improvement.
What a shame. Wishing him well. Hope there is hope for him. Get well Champ!

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
@tenover - Nope, not me.

I don't have trolls.

My sympathies to Sunny and his family, as the situation is difficult for everyone. More so since lawyers have become involved and appear to have restricted access to the patient.

Now we know why their have never been any images or video of Michael Schumacher since his skiing accident and rumoured vegetative state - not a single image or video clip has ever been released by the Schumacher family.

Michael Schumacher condition

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Could the family do a hospice morphine drip into heaven on someone in a vegetative state?

This is not about sunny per say. I'm talking about the people are in a vegitatative state

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014
the woman in control is not showing him because she knows people will be apissed to see her selfishnes

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
@tenover - Nope, not me.

I don't have trolls.

My sympathies to Sunny and his family, as the situation is difficult for everyone. More so since lawyers have become involved and appear to have restricted access to the patient.

Now we know why their have never been any images or video of Michael Schumacher since his skiing accident and rumoured vegetative state - not a single image or video clip has ever been released by the Schumacher family.

Michael Schumacher condition
We (the public) are not entitled to such photos or any other information regarding the health of these people.

Poor Sunny. Dude had a hard, difficult life- and also enjoyed a pro surfing lifestyle and world championship.
Tried to kill himself and is now stuck in purgatory - draining family and friend emotions and resources.
Easy to say that karma caught up and bitch-slapped Sunny for all his aggression and violence and this is a lesson for all you wannabe future enforcers.
I'm the same age as Sunny and have always appreciated his surfing. Wish him and his family well.
maybe you should keep these type of thoughts to yourself.
Wish you and your family well.

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I apologize if I touched some nerves with this thread - It certainly wasn't my intention to create waves.

I'm sure that Sunny is the biggest sweetheart to his friends and family - the most solid of humans. Not questioning that in the slightest. My apologies if some of you felt otherwise. Heal up Champ - would love to see you ripping again.

However, Sunny signed up to be a pro surfer, made millions, and became a world champ. He also signed up for criticism and reflection from us kooks - whether he likes it or not. Slater, Gabby and Potter have caught plenty of crap from us... to name a few.

Unfortunately, Sunny chose the angry/enforcer route - the only world champ with that distinction. I'm his age and was living in north county san diego when he wrapped his car around a telephone pole/tree - and when he got into a road rage incident on the freeway and was beat up.

Sunny is the most polarizing pro of all time. Of course, Slater was bored at this point in his career and let a few of these guys in to get trophies. Sunny chasing Neco up the beach was stupid. Sunny banging on the judge's door on more than one occasion was also idiotic.

Sunny will go down as one of the best surfers of all time and I wish the best for him and his family - but get fvcked if any of you continue to give me grief for this thread.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
I apologize if I touched some nerves with this thread - It certainly wasn't my intention to create waves.

I'm sure that Sunny is the biggest sweetheart to his friends and family - the most solid of humans. Not questioning that in the slightest. My apologies if some of you felt otherwise. Heal up Champ - would love to see you ripping again.

However, Sunny signed up to be a pro surfer, made millions, and became a world champ. He also signed up for criticism and reflection from us kooks - whether he likes it or not. Slater, Gabby and Potter have caught plenty of crap from us... to name a few.

Unfortunately, Sunny chose the angry/enforcer route - the only world champ with that distinction. I'm his age and was living in north county san diego when he wrapped his car around a telephone pole/tree - and when he got into a road rage incident on the freeway and was beat up.

Sunny is the most polarizing pro of all time. Of course, Slater was bored at this point in his career and let a few of these guys in to get trophies. Sunny chasing Neco up the beach was stupid. Sunny banging on the judge's door on more than one occasion was also idiotic.

Sunny will go down as one of the best surfers of all time and I wish the best for him and his family - but get fvcked if any of you continue to give me grief for this thread.
Was that an apology? Maybe not:shrug:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Stab interview with Bobby Martinez and he says, "Before Sunny did what he did... he told me some sh!t that will forever haunt me."

At the 8:30 mark:

pastel

OTF status
Nov 23, 2022
entire thing is so awful. man i wish something had been slightly different so this never would have been. sunny should still be out there ripping. :cry: