ukraine war 2024

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I don't believe I would have

a woman getting raped isn't "your problem" so why intervene?

because it's the right thing to do, perhaps. you may disagree on what is right or wrong, but many would see it that way.

then the question becomes the personal cost of intervening

if you don't object to the Ukraine war on the question of right or wrong, the next most common objection seems to be that we shouldn't put our own skin (read: money) in the game

the question of intervention then becomes a cost/benefit analysis of intervening balanced against whether or not you think you can affect positive change

seems straightforward and apropos to me
But is this about affecting positive change, or is it about sticking it to an perceived enemy?

It's like sending tools to a rape victim on the other side of the world and asking her to get raped some more in the hope she might hurt the rapist somehow because we don't like that rapist

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
But is this about affecting positive change, or is it about sticking it to an perceived enemy?

It's like sending tools to a rape victim on the other side of the world and asking her to get raped some more in the hope she might hurt the rapist somehow because we don't like that rapist
Damn. That's very parallel to what happened to Pooky in New Jack City.

• Haha
Reactions: Pescado713

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That's one way to look at it I guess

Operative phrase is "other side of the world"

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

So you are of the school of passively submitting during rape?

Gotcha!

That explains a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

1708904803734.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot