Twitter....done?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
So we really think Elon wanted to buy twitter and that this wasn't all a show to justify his sale of Tesla shares prior to the stock dumping to all his fanboys?
Why would he need to justify selling Tesla shares to anyone? He has been selling them for years.

I think he still gets twitter in the end. Reduced sale price but something like a 15% premium over closing share price.

• Haha
Reactions: Pico

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Why would he need to justify selling Tesla shares to anyone? He has been selling them for years.

I think he still gets twitter in the end. Reduced sale price but something like a 15% premium over closing share price.
He's pretty obviously a try hard who very much wants people to like him, and he's got a cult around him that's still holding their shares

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Yes, because I'm sure it's public information that twitter is dying to share :unsure: :roflmao:

We all know that trolls, both bots and organized trolls, are a huge problem on social media. It's not a stretch to imagine that there are far more than what they are willing to admit, or even know about in the first place. If anything, Twitter probably doesn't even want to know.
ok, so then don't just say sh!t without being able to back it up

no one has proven themselves here either way

and Elon has the financial incentive to lie at this point to get out of the deal

it was a hostile takeover, if you recall...

Reactions: plasticbertrand

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Geez man, why are you so wound up over this? Am I not allowed to speculate?
"Elon suspected that Twitter had a lot more trolls than they let on, and it turned out he was right."

that's not a speculative statement

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
the problem is that if there are more bots (likely), then Twitter has much bigger issues with regard to wall street

fk twitter

Reactions: grapedrink

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
it's interesting to see what all this hullabaloo has done to both companies stonks.

i wonder if this is some con elon is pulling in order to buy more Tesla shares.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
If you read the letter from his representation, twitter agreed to provide the tools for Musk team to do their own analysis. When twitter did they throttled it to make it useless.

This merger/purchase is obviously the work of an erratic and eccentric Musk. But if the spam accounts exceed 5% and it's shown that this was easily identified there are real civil and criminal problems for twitter execs. Now that its in court both sides are going to have to defend their position. If this data was falsified the stock will crash, executives heads will roll and the SEC is going to start throwing haymakers. If it's much ado about nothing they will get the break up fee from Musk, I think it's a billion and a better deal for Musk than buying Twitter for the purchase price.

My guess is absent some pretty nefarious under reporting or real numbers, which I doubt....There's a renegotiation and Musk offers to buy at a discount. Will the shareholders agree? Doubtful initially but probably if the offer is good long term..

If there was some willful underreporting or spam accounts Twitter will probably go for the option of a long multi year legal battle in order to get their house in order before the SEC comes knocking.

I don't see how twitter survives. There's nothing in this that is good news for their revenue base...ad buyers. They will flee. They already all know the twitter ad reach is dogshit and this gives them the excuse to bail.
Twitter survived because it’s a regime propaganda organ targeting the PMC. For that reason, it will suffer no consequence.

Read Burnham and Walter Lippmann

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I could have told Elo the Leon about spam accounts on Twit. Do you really think he that much of a Dumbfuk to not know Twit had a lot of Spam accts? Come on Man. He was just fucking around. Ive been telling all yall from the Beginning. Leon is not buying Twitter ya Dumfuks!