Trump: “I’m a Nationalist”

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
That's what Harvard is at trial for right now.

There have been hiring and promotion quotas in various gov't agencies for years. Do you intend to dispute their existence?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GDaddy said:
That's what Harvard is at trial for right now.

There have been hiring and promotion quotas in various gov't agencies for years. Do you intend to dispute their existence?
Quotas have been illegal for decades and an allegation in a civil lawsuit isn't proof to the contrary. Race/gender have repeatedly been held to be ok as a factor when considering an applicant, but the law is quite clear that they can't be the sole factor.

So again, give me a single example of a university currently using a quota system. Give me a single government agency with a hiring quota in place.

I'm beginning to think you don't appreciate what the term "disparate treatment" means.

As an aside, I should say that I don't think today's affirmative action in college admissions is helpful to minority students. In fact, it delegitimizes their achievements and segregates them from the larger student population.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
afoaf said:
oh, you got me!

**amendment
It didn’t get ratified.

Did you mean the Civil Rights Act?

If the ERA actually got ratified it would be a good thing to end all of the special protections women get and don’t need

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
afoaf said:
oh, you got me!

**amendment
It didn’t get ratified.

Did you mean the Civil Rights Act?

If the ERA actually got ratified it would be a good thing to end all of the special protections women get and don’t need
YES!

You know what women need! :roflmao:

That's why you've been in a miserable marriage for years.

If Lena Dunham said that she knows what men need, you'd lose your sh!t.
There would 15 threads between you and Caca wetting your panties over it.