Traction placement ruling needed

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I had that pad kicking around in my garage so it was just a thought exercise/contribution to this thread.
As noted I also think my foot would usually be forward of it anyway so it's superfluous. Sticking a couple of extra traction bars forward of it to cover where my foot would spend its time would certainly be a travesty.

Reactions: sdsrfr

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
I had that pad kicking around in my garage so it was just a thought exercise/contribution to this thread.
As noted I also think my foot would usually be forward of it anyway so it's superfluous. Sticking a couple of extra traction bars forward of it to cover where my foot would spend its time would certainly be a travesty.
While a number of commas are missing, I'm giving some bonus love for (a) appropriately using an apostrophe and not using an apostrophe on the words "it's" and "its," and (b) appropriately spelling and using the word "superfluous." BRAVO

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Putting a Hayden Shapes pad on a non HS boar is a no no.

same goes for CI pads (w/ hex logo) on non CI, or any other shapers for that matter

wouldnt put an fcs pad on a boar with futures boxes, either.

bad energy.
What about leash strings:shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
While a number of commas are missing, I'm giving some bonus love for (a) appropriately using an apostrophe and not using an apostrophe on the words "it's" and "its," and (b) appropriately spelling and using the word "superfluous." BRAVO
Probably shouldn't admit I did study journalism but that was way back in the 80's. I posted this morning after I just woke up around 5am so wasn't fully awake yet.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
What about leash strings:shrug:
I have rescued bunk boards by pulling the string and or traction pad. I can confirm this much.

Did not track if they were CI hex strings or a gorilla string mixed with a dakine pad, for example, but possible based on my quiver of these parts.

I admit, I am not ISO compliant.

• Love
Reactions: rowjimmytour

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
I think many of you get so tied up with the fact that any pad has to be all the way back to the tail and/or leash plug, rather than considering where your rear foot placement is optimal over the fins you want to push off of. On a twin without fins waay back (ala GG), why the f would you put the kick way back behind the fins? Pushing hard with your foot behind the fins on a twin results in a faceplant. Only one of my boards (Manta) has the kick set way back to the tail. I also don’t ever surf thrusters, which make more sense for a rearward placemen.
IMO

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Putting a Hayden Shapes pad on a non HS boar is a no no.

same goes for CI pads (w/ hex logo) on non CI, or any other shapers for that matter

wouldnt put an fcs pad on a boar with futures boxes, either.

bad energy.
Damn, I put Futures pads on my last 3 FCS boards. Figured the logo was small enough, but now I know why the boards sucked.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
So what pad do I put on this?

http://instagr.am/p/CorD-FiycvC/
Maybe this little mauve number?

Or this?
Mason Ho pad