Tomo MPH

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I tried the 5'3 Revo (25.5L) and the 5'4 (26.8L). I think it scales up nicely. I was told my some Firewire team riders that the smaller size was better, but i personally didn't notice the difference all that much. I thought the 5'4 was just as fun as the 5'3. I'm actually selling my 5'3 to get a 5'4.

ETA is 6 weeks, but could be sooner.
how many tomos total have u owned reforest?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
@santacruzin that looks hot. Check those nose channels. What fins you gonna rock?
I gotta dust off the SP2 soon.

feels like one could easily keep it a 4-boar quiver at Hydroshort-Vader-Revo-El Tomo and call it a day

but that's not what this forum is all about :jamon:
Don't those four all overlap? How would you ever decide which one to grab. Is the HS your stap, the ElTomo your graveler?

Reactions: santacruzin

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Have you tried the Revo in higher volumes? Wondering how this model scales and is affected by more volume.
I've been riding a 5'8" 33L which is about 4L over normal SB volume for me. I think a smaller version would be snappier but this size is plenty loose and has a lot of drive. I've been trying it as a thruster lately and it turns notably sharper.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I got the deets. The 3 on offer for Dank Farts is Evo (not Revo), Hydroshort and Vader 2.0.

Its like 2014 all over again! lol. Vader is making a come back and the Evo is too. Woohoo!!
Evo is probably the Tomo I’ve seen most in the water… and surfed the best under the feet of good surfers. Was the HS very popular? I feel like I’ve seen more Sci-Fis around

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Evo is probably the Tomo I’ve seen most in the water… and surfed the best under the feet of good surfers. Was the HS very popular? I feel like I’ve seen more Sci-Fis around
I consider the HS to be one of the best Tomo models he's ever made. Its basically a shortboard with a round nose and channels down the middle. I think he upgraded the SKX when he made the Hydoshort.

This video says a stock 5'8 but I'm almost positive this is a 5'7.
Either way, Kelly is flying.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Timmy charged some gnarly Hawaii waves with his 5'6" and Sebastian Williams was ripping on his in mexico but i dont think he got much footage on it. There is a video of Eric Geisleman surfing one in small florida waves too.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I saw a lot of vanguard followed by the evo for the competent surfer crowd.

all the adult learners were on the Omni, and the pretend not adult learners on the sciphi after strewy put on a clinic at snapper that one year.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2015
Love the evo. Got a used one from a buddy. All time favourite groveller. I'm a front footed surfer (i.e. generate speed/pump off my front foot, everyone turns with their back foot) and the evo just gelled. It's beat to sh!t now and yellow as can be, but every time I pull it out its all smiles.
Loved the outline of the hydroshort. Unfortunately it is the most back footed board I've ever surfed. Gave it ten good sessions with all kinds of fins. Gas pedal off the back foot, but bog when pressuring the front foot. Couldn't get it to work for me. I'm normally a large fin guy and preferred it with medium fins, probably because of those channels.

Always wondered if the revo was more evo rocker or more hydroshort rocker.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I consider the HS to be one of the best Tomo models he's ever made. Its basically a shortboard with a round nose and channels down the middle. I think he upgraded the SKX when he made the Hydoshort.

This video says a stock 5'8 but I'm almost positive this is a 5'7.
Either way, Kelly is flying.

I know you like the HS. I was just wondering if they sold many since I really didn’t see many around.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Don't those four all overlap? How would you ever decide which one to grab. Is the HS your stap, the ElTomo your graveler?
yeah that’s what I was thinking. Maybe go Evo instead of Revo for more low end. Vader for all round, Hydroshort for mini stap.

• Love
Reactions: ReForest