Tomo MPH

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I went to the Dank Farts factory yesterday to get some info and place my order. I did the full tour with Tony. Tony Curto is an amazing human! He was so generous with his time. Justin is lucky to have that dude. He gave me the quick run down and said that he is taking orders in the next upcoming weeks for Tomo boards. Tomo is going to be overseeing the production of the first batch of orders so now would be a great time to get a custom from him if you live in California. I believe he has a run of 3 models he is releasing. You may be able to order other models, but not sure. All this information is subject to change so don't quote me. lol. The only thing for sure is that Tomo is taking orders for Dark Arts in the next few weeks and my order IS IN!

View attachment 170947

View attachment 170949

View attachment 170946

View attachment 170948

View attachment 170950
What are the 3 offered models he’s starting with?

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I’d guess Vader, Revo, Hydroshort

@ReForest?

also, stocked to see you ordered a boar made in the :
View attachment 170960
I’ll second that.
I would think Cymatic would be on there too. That seemed like the last tomo model that I really saw around IRL, and in the water.

but based on our lil erbb rankings, it sounds like we should lobby Hydrodynamica to have DA do some GMM2s

• Love
Reactions: j_mac, jkb and sh3

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’ll second that.
I would think Cymatic would be on there too. That seemed like the last tomo model that I really saw around IRL, and in the water.

but based on our lil erbb rankings, it sounds like we should lobby Hydrodynamica to have DA do some GMM2s
I’d yolo an OTR pu core 5’8 w/ futures, tony

Reactions: Goodfish

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
GMM2 would be ideally suited for the DA construction to keep the weight down and increase liveliness in the wide tail.

But it’s the only Tomo still available in XTR. And personally I would go XTR over DA in terms of construction, setting aside QC, which DA has locked up.

Reactions: ReForest

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Now that Shey has taken over XTR, it would be great to see Dan work with XTR again.

Outside of ordering from Dan, which is the best but presents tons of logistical challenges, XTR offered Dan’s full range of boards in customizable dims with tons of construction options.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Tomo is supposed to be releasing more information on this model soon.

The Vader on top is an updated version. You can see the nose is a little longer and has softer curves on the edges. This was an experimental nose -- I am told that he changed the nose so that nose channel is now only on the bottom side. The bottom hull is totally revamped. It doesn't have a VQC all the way down like the new Revo. It has a shallow spine from the nose to about the middle and then smooths out to a QISC. Hilton is calling it "the hero" rocker. lol. The nose rocker has been increased too to avoid any potential pearling or catching. The board looks mental! I've seen some photos and videos and it looks extremely responsive.

View attachment 170943

View attachment 170942
someone put the nose chanel on wrong side of the boar!