Tomo MPH

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
If Tomo decides to go through with this, I'd definitely offer my assistance.

Reactions: JDJ

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Not gossip….but I thought it was common knowledge. Not a big deal, it’s industry wide. I hope people don’t think DT, Maurice Cole, James Cheal, etc are actually shaping and signing the boards built here. How can they, they aren’t even in the country, lol!!
100%. I’m just having fun fanning flames. Lol.

its kinda funny when the surf culture podcasts pick up stuff from the erBB like whispering school girls.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
:LOL:Took the words right out of my mouth. Reforest you should be a tomo rep and handle the orders. you have the combo of stoke and experience riding a lot of his shapes.
that could be a win-win for a lot of people, esp those who in the US who want a Tomo but not thru FW

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Not gossip….but I thought it was common knowledge. Not a big deal, it’s industry wide. I hope people don’t think DT, Maurice Cole, James Cheal, etc are actually shaping and signing the boards built here. How can they, they aren’t even in the country, lol!!
I find it weird he is not comfortable with xtr using his name (superior product) but fireturd has a whole line up his boards I am sure he never touched:shrug:

Reactions: Goodfish

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Scribbles are supposed to be unique. Logo lams are clearly a reproduction.

Peeps even get confused with lams with a fake scribble (rusty)
The Duke and Akila Aipa boards confuse me most and reason why I never ordered a Aipa post Ben ...RIP
One day I well have patience and connect with Akila and Dave P. and get a custom :shaka:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I find it weird he is not comfortable with xtr using his name (superior product)
If I were a shaper of his caliber I wouldn't want my name on the stuff coming out of XTR...the finish shaping on some of those Tomo boards was so bad. Hard edge on one side of the tail, soft edge on the other, channels not aligned properly, etc.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I find it weird he is not comfortable with xtr using his name (superior product) but fireturd has a whole line up his boards I am sure he never touched:shrug:
A lam and a signature is a pretty significant difference. You can’t put a lam on a contract and then say it was signed by the signor? A fake signature is a totally different story. XTR was essentially forging Dan’s signature, whether he was aware of it or not, without any mention of the ghost shaper. Firewire makes it clear that the shape is created by Tomo but manufactured by firewire.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
A lam and a signature is a pretty significant difference. You can’t put a lam on a contract and then say it was signed by the signor? A fake signature is a totally different story. XTR was essentially forging Dan’s signature, whether he was aware of it or not, without any mention of the ghost shaper. Firewire makes it clear that the shape is created by Tomo but manufactured by firewire.
I did not know xtr did/does that:socrazy:Do they do same with cole and even Aipa or does duke shape blank and glass xtr:shrug:Yes agree sig from actual shaper false sounds sketchy as fuk but hope most realize it and reason why I never ordered a cole and even a aipa but still your laminate is your brand and represents your product and what you stand for etc. I know stretch got suked in yet got out pretty fast to whole surftech bs so more people could surf his boards. In the end instead of pop ups he decided shops up to his standard: CAD design, glassing,etc. In Feance, Brazil, Japan, and Austrilia.

Reactions: ReForest

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
:LOL:Took the words right out of my mouth
Tomo + Varial = Oh yeah :jamon:
Like fire wire would alow a higher quality eps
Firewire's target market right here.
I clicked on the video which popped up on my You tube feed because I mistakenly thought it could be Bryce Young...imagine my horror when the clip played on?
That video made me think of comedian Sebastian Maniscalco‘s punch line“Aren't You Embarrassed?”:foreheadslap:.