Tomo MPH

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Havoc told me that he ran into Dan when he was in the States. Dan was surfing the El Tomo quad and frothing about how much he digs the design. I say go for it.

Reactions: redrider

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Found an XTR el tomo for a $400 that looks in really good shape. The trigger is itching to be pulled....

This model looks closer to my old V3 that anything else in his line-up now.
I saw that El Tomo online. The dims look good. I almost pulled the trigger on it myself.

The fin placement on this one looks good too. JKB had one and the fins were a little too far back (but i rode it and liked it). I had another custom that I ordered after I rode JKB's and the fins were a little too far forward. This one looks like it has good fin placement. (y)

Also, this model is a keel fin set up (no tow). A twin fin has a couple degree tow towards the nose. This one probably doesnt ride as loose as a traditional twin. But with the bottom contours you should have plenty of speed!

Last edited:

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Looks like a beauty! Did you have an old Nano? Let us know if you feels any difference...

Reactions: JDJ

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
Yo Anima-DeFCoop: what fins you digging with your Hydroshort? You've tried as a quad and thruster?? Thanks.

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Yo Anima-DeFCoop: what fins you digging with your Hydroshort? You've tried as a quad and thruster?? Thanks.
Hydroshort goes really well with the powerdrive fins as a quad. Powerdrive fins as a thruster cause too much lift (IMO) and i did not like them. The red AM2 fins in FCS as a thruster are my favorite thus far. If you want to loosen up the board i tried the AM2 fronts and the reactor rears and it worked really well.

Lowqi2

OTF status
Mar 17, 2013
Cool, my board has futures. my go to is the AM2 large. from Salas'/Tomo recommendation, they say to go smaller on the fins so maybe AM1 mediums. Would be interested in trying that Beta 2 vapor core mediums also. Powerdrive would be cool to try again. had his OG hand shaped Raptor with powerdrive glass ons back when he first started and I went beserk with that board.

Reactions: ANIMA

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
What size Hydroshort do you have? I had a futures board as well. I used the new Firewire Medium Fins with QD2 4" Alpha rears. I liked the Firewire fins as a thruster better than the quad set up. :shaka: