Tomo MPH

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
Great review with lots of information on fins and the board.

I personally rode the 5'5 and loved it, but I think sizing down is the way to go (5'4"). Noel looks great on the board and sounds like he genuinely loves it too. Hes claiming best HP Fish he's ever ridden :oops: Great review.

Reactions: jkb

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Great review with lots of information on fins and the board.

I personally rode the 5'5 and loved it, but I think sizing down is the way to go (5'4"). Noel looks great on the board and sounds like he genuinely loves it too. Hes claiming best HP Fish he's ever ridden :oops: Great review.

Every board is best ever until the next review. :shaka:

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
So true. LOL
It looks like a fun board, but I was hoping El Tomo would have a better low-end. After seeing that, I'm glad I went with the custom X-wing from DT in Oz, since I was deciding between the two for a small wave board. They said the X-wing was designed for mushy Japan, so should be good for what I wanted. Was also surprised they said they wouldn't do a round/snub nose on the El Tomo- even though they do a RN V4/V5.

Reactions: JDJ

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I was bored over the weekend and read through this entire thread after seeing my buddy out on his new Cymatic. The board intrigued me and I went down the rabbit hole.

Looks like I better start saving for my Tomo OB1 from XTR.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
The only connection between them that I can see, is that both Gary and Tomo's EPS boards are cut at the new Kinaroad factory. (There was a podcast with the Kinaroad guys on, explaining how much better their new robots are)

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I was bored over the weekend and read through this entire thread after seeing my buddy out on his new Cymatic. The board intrigued me and I went down the rabbit hole.

Looks like I better start saving for my Tomo OB1 from XTR.
The Cymatic is a good time. It's kinda silly that XTR has to change the tail into the diamond. Hopefully the magic is in the other parts of the design.