Tomo MPH

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
The nubster seems gimmicky but the few times I’ve messed around with one, I swear it tightened up a loose quad just a touch. Worth a try

deforestcooper

Nep status
Nov 1, 2016
California
www.instagram.com
try nubster defrost
The nubster seems gimmicky but the few times I’ve messed around with one, I swear it tightened up a loose quad just a touch. Worth a try
I tried it a few years ago, and it felt like it took away the looseness of a quad (which is why i like quads) but might be worth giving it a try again on a bigger day or maybe when you want to push hard and test a board out a little bit!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Deforest- yeah, I’d think you’d want it more for punchy beach breaks or big faces where you’re doing critical turns. Should still be looser than a thruster. I remember seeing KS at the NY contest a few years ago and it looked like that nubster setup went well for those conditions- pumping headhigh beachbreak.
I’ve never felt the Cymatic to be too loose as a quad- if anything, it was too tight until I switched from large to med fins. but might have to put a nubster in on the next swell.

Reactions: deforestcooper

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
In my experience nubsters are good for wider tail quads, or for quad rears on really narrow tails (AMT in fronts).

I also like them in step ups and guns going backside.

Reactions: oeste858

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Gotta admit... that thing looks sick. I didn’t get on with the Evo and didn't rate is as everyone else did... it was far too hit and miss to have fun on it (i kept on bogging rail on roundhouse cutties in particular). Hope this doesn’t ride similar