Tim Stamps - Shaper of the Year

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Many signs are pointing to the fact that venereal may be done. If it’s true, I’m bummed, but my contacts in the sarf industry’s spidey senses are definitely tingling.
That’s a bummer if true. Poly feel with longevity in flex, no yellowing, doesnt take on water, I think if more people tried them they would realize the extra $200 or so is a bargain.

Maybe it was my intuition but I ordered 5 then added another from that last sale to 6 so I’ll be set for 10 or so years.

Jan 2, 2024
Maui
The sale on Varial's site isnt going anymore but still no custom order option. You think they are done or maybe just temporary blank shortage?

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
The sale on Varial's site isnt going anymore but still no custom order option. You think they are done or maybe just temporary blank shortage?
Their stopping the 15% off sale is intriguing, but I’ve heard from a couple shapers that there hasn’t been any email response to current orders, plus they’ve cancelled their phone service.

I hope there’s an angel investor that may be turning things around.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
I would go 6’0. I don’t think 5’11 will give you enough of a distinction with the Gx. Dims otherwise look good.
I understand what you mean.
Years ago i had a 6’0”19.38x250 and sold it on the spot. Probably shouldn’t have but that thing felt like a boat. Way oversized. And i remembered thinking i should have gone shorter or thinner on that one. Sold it and ordered a 60x19.25x2.38 scarecrow more along the lines of what i wanted. Bspot def carried more foam than the scarecrow. Has he “refined” that model from 7 years ago?
I also got a 6’0” ghost, so thats why i’m hesitant to order another 6’0”. Ghost feels sick but i don’t have much use for that pin tail. I have no death barreling Waves here. Better squash for the beachbreaks.
I think if i change my order again tims gonna get pissed

Reactions: JDJ

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
This doesn’t seem to garner much interest but I’ve almost ordered a few times. I forget what exactly Tim said but something like at the same dims it has ~3/8 less rocker on both ends and the nose is .5inch wider than a Flare

Last edited:
Reactions: slipped_disc

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Looks good but personally I prefer a little rounder tail if you know what I mean.

Im 100% ordering a banana fish but just trying to decide what else to get with it.
I agree. Fore me personally I would go with more of a "CA" tail. I just love how good it looks for how chunky it probably is.