The Russians get it. Obama, the Establishment and the Left don't.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
QUEEN OF DENIAL ACCEPTS AS FACT[size:16pt] !! ( :[/size]

Reince Priebus, the former Republican National Committee chairman, said Trump understands that Moscow was behind the intrusions into the Democratic Party organizations. "He accepts the fact that this particular case was entities in Russia so that’s not the issue," Priebus said on "Fox News Sunday."
GromsDad-once again-thanx for your tireless efforts to heighten awareness

on the questionable legitimacy of the election and the Trump Presidency !! )

:roflmao:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !! )

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
In 2013 Edward Snowden leaked classified information to chosen members of the news media. Snowden was an information systems contractor at the National Security Agency (NSA). Snowden had illegally downloaded on the scale of one million official U.S. government communications, including information discussing foreign intelligence operations. From this wealth of information Snowden hand picked the information he released to the news media. The most notable of the information was a smoking gun. The NSA had been breaking the Patriot Act.

The Patriot Act provided the U.S. government with the ability to monitor communications between known foreigner terrorists and U.S. citizens. It allowed the government to obtain spying warrants against citizens implicated in these communications. Instead, the NSA had been wholesale monitoring the communications of U.S. citizens, especially the ones which leaders disagreed with politically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden

Because Snowden released the truth about the government's illegal activity Obama's Justice Department charged Snowden. "On June 21, 2013, the U.S. Department of Justice unsealed charges against Snowden of two counts of violating the Espionage Act of 1917 and theft of government property." Snowden exiled to Russia where he lives today.

Because of Snowden's activities the NSA was forced to stop wholesale spying on American citizens. Is the message of Snowden's ordeal that Snowden or Russians are bad people?

NO. Edward Snowden's biggest crime lay in telling the truth about the NSA. The message is that the United States NSA had been committing criminal acts on an ongoing basis.

And that's EXACTLY the significance of this supposed Russian "hacking" of the presidential election. There is not one shred of evidence behind the charges against Russia, but the Wikileaks exposure of information on Hillary's computer reveals that she was illegally exposing classified information on an unsecured computer on an ongoing basis.

If the truth caused Hillary to lose the election then that's a wonderful thing.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
squidley said:
In 2013 Edward Snowden leaked classified information to chosen members of the news media. Snowden was an information systems contractor at the National Security Agency (NSA). Snowden had illegally downloaded on the scale of one million official U.S. government communications, including information discussing foreign intelligence operations. From this wealth of information Snowden hand picked the information he released to the news media. The most notable of the information was a smoking gun. The NSA had been breaking the Patriot Act.

The Patriot Act provided the U.S. government with the ability to monitor communications between known foreigner terrorists and U.S. citizens. It allowed the government to obtain spying warrants against citizens implicated in these communications. Instead, the NSA had been wholesale monitoring the communications of U.S. citizens, especially the ones which leaders disagreed with politically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Snowden

Because Snowden released the truth about the government's illegal activity Obama's Justice Department charged Snowden. "On June 21, 2013, the U.S. Department of Justice unsealed charges against Snowden of two counts of violating the Espionage Act of 1917 and theft of government property." Snowden exiled to Russia where he lives today.

Because of Snowden's activities the NSA was forced to stop wholesale spying on American citizens. Is the message of Snowden's ordeal that Snowden or Russians are bad people?

NO. Edward Snowden's biggest crime lay in telling the truth about the NSA. The message is that the United States NSA had been committing criminal acts on an ongoing basis.

And that's EXACTLY the significance of this supposed Russian "hacking" of the presidential election. There is not one shred of evidence behind the charges against Russia, but the Wikileaks exposure of information on Hillary's computer reveals that she was illegally exposing classified information on an unsecured computer on an ongoing basis.

If the truth caused Hillary to lose the election then that's a wonderful thing.

so you've read the classified reports?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
squidley said:
.....There is not one shred of evidence behind the charges against Russia.....
hal9000 said:
Would that be from the same administration and its security agencies who Snowden exposed as liars and cheats?

No., those reports have been kept away from the public. Why don't you share that evidence with us .....not that it had anything to do with the point of my post.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
ifallalot said:
He'd also be claiming it if Russia was involved in the "hacking"

Don't you people realize the kind of intelligence coup that it? Do you really think Putin would lie about it when he could project power in that sort of way?

I learned not to ever trust our politicians citing "intelligence" in the run up to the Iraq war. Just because the "intelligence" is on "my team" doesn't mean I'm going to believe the bullshit spewed by the establishment.

It is in the government's best interest to discredit Assange in every way possible because they don't want to let up the facade of how week their security really is. So if they can shift the blame to an entity with actual power, they will. Do you have any reason to believe that establishment intelligence works for YOU over the people in power? GTFO

Podesta's email password was "password" for christ sakes
:foreheadslap:

The Fast-Spreading Lia About Podesta's Password

There's a huge difference between the intelligence on Iraq's WMDs and that on the Russian Hacking. For one, the entire intelligence community is on board with the determination that Russia did indeed hack U.S. politicians and leaked the info in a way that harmed one of them. Given all the evidence that is publicly available, including everything we know about Putin and how he operates, it's obvious that he has done this thing. I find it absurd that this is even questionable.

There was a great deal of dissension within the intelligence community on the WMDs, and it was there in the press for anyone who wanted to question it. I read about questions regarding the aluminum tubes, the yellowcake, and even how the intelligence was being politicized by the administration at the time they were doing it. All the questions at that time came from intelligence sources who were not sold on the WMD theory.

I'm not hearing any dissension from intelligence sources or cyber experts regarding the Russian hacking. The only folks denying Russia's involvement are Putin (the accused hacker), Assange (the accused disseminator of hacked info), and Trump (benefactor of the hacking and leaking of info).

If Obama were to use ginned-up intelligence, it only would have served him to do it before the election. For the intelligence to be manipulated now makes little strategic sense, whereas the manipulation of intelligence leading up to the Iraq war had a very clear aim.

To conflate Iraq's WMDs with Russia's cyber attack is like comparing apples and Oldsmobiles.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Gnudz said:
I'm not hearing any dissension from intelligence sources or cyber experts regarding the Russian hacking.
And you won't hear any dissension from the underlings of Obama appointees. The appointees are all nodding their heads, and you expect their underlings to tell the people who sign their paychecks that they're full of sh!t.

SHOW US THE EVIDENCE, or it DOESN'T exist.

Again. The only remaining charge is that Russian "hacking" revealed that Hillary illegally exposed classified information on her personal computers. Regardless of where that information came from, IT'S THE TRUTH. The charge says that revealing the truth caused Hillary to lose the election.

Pin a metal on WHOEVER revealed the truth.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
squidley said:
Gnudz said:
I'm not hearing any dissension from intelligence sources or cyber experts regarding the Russian hacking.
And you won't hear any dissension from the underlings of Obama appointees. The appointees are all nodding their heads, and you expect their underlings to tell the people who sign their paychecks that they're full of sh!t.

Again. The only remaining charge is that Russian "hacking" revealed that Hillary illegally exposed classified information on her personal computers. Regardless of where that information came from, IT'S THE TRUTH. The charge says that revealing the truth caused Hillary to lose the election.

What level of evidence short of a confession from Vladdy himself would it take to convince you? :pokestick:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
At best the left can claim that someone in Russia provided Wikileaks with the Podesta and DNC emails. Even that's a stretch. Regardless, shouldn't every red blooded American be glad that the corruption of Hillary, the Media, Podesta and the DNC were exposed?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
squidley said:
squidley said:
hal9000 said:
Would that be from the same administration and its security agencies who Snowden exposed as liars and cheats?

No., those reports have been kept away from the public. Why don't you share that evidence with us .....not that it had anything to do with the point of my post.

Evidence from the current administration: A dozen or so intelligence agencies all agree, based on information they currently have, that Russia hacked DNC and RNC servers or emails.

Evidence from the incoming administration: Trump says it's fake, Putin is a good dude, and Barron can do anything with computers.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Actually, strike that. Now Trump says the hacking did happen:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/priebus-claims-trump-accepts-russias-role-in-hack-233326

"President-elect Donald Trump accepts that Russia played a role in hacking the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta.

Trump "is not denying that entities in Russia were behind this particular hacking campaign," Priebus said on "Fox News Sunday.":

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
squidley said:
Gnudz said:

You mean like Obama appointee Comey? I don't remember any Trump supporters demanding evidence when he publicly re-opened his investigation into Clinton's emails in the final days of the campaign. You all just assumed, wrongly, that the evidence of her cyber crimes existed.

Comey's actions prove my point. They also prove your hypocrisy.

Gnudz

Phil Edwards status
Apr 5, 2011
Jonestown
www.stormsurfing.com
GromsDad said:
So to sum it up: You're a sore loser and you don't care about the corruption that was exposed regarding the Media, Hillary, Podesta and the DNC. Thanks.
Jesus Christ, Shorty, pay attention.

If I'm a sore loser then so are Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Paul Ryan, John McCain, Reince Priebus and, according to Priebus, Donald Trump himself. All of these people have accepted the intelligence community's determination that Russia hacked the U.S. and disseminated the hacked info through Wikileaks in an attempt to meddle in our election.

What effect Russia's meddling had in our election has not been determined and probably won't ever be quantifiable. But to just say it never happened, to side with Putin and Assange over our own intelligence agencies, is pure insanity. And traitorous insanity at that.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
GromsDad said:
This is not a one or the other sort of thing. If only you were as outraged over the things exposed by Wikileaks I might be able to take you seriously.
Ok, so assuming that other state actors, nations, or agents of those nations, are engaging in cyber attacks and cyber espionage: what should the United States do about it, and what will/should Trump do about it?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Gnudz said:
ifallalot said:
He'd also be claiming it if Russia was involved in the "hacking"

Don't you people realize the kind of intelligence coup that it? Do you really think Putin would lie about it when he could project power in that sort of way?

I learned not to ever trust our politicians citing "intelligence" in the run up to the Iraq war. Just because the "intelligence" is on "my team" doesn't mean I'm going to believe the bullshit spewed by the establishment.

It is in the government's best interest to discredit Assange in every way possible because they don't want to let up the facade of how week their security really is. So if they can shift the blame to an entity with actual power, they will. Do you have any reason to believe that establishment intelligence works for YOU over the people in power? GTFO

Podesta's email password was "password" for christ sakes

The Fast-Spreading Lia About Podesta's Password

There's a huge difference between the intelligence on Iraq's WMDs and that on the Russian Hacking. For one, the entire intelligence community is on board with the determination that Russia did indeed hack U.S. politicians and leaked the info in a way that harmed one of them. Given all the evidence that is publicly available, including everything we know about Putin and how he operates, it's obvious that he has done this thing. I find it absurd that this is even questionable.

There was a great deal of dissension within the intelligence community on the WMDs, and it was there in the press for anyone who wanted to question it. I read about questions regarding the aluminum tubes, the yellowcake, and even how the intelligence was being politicized by the administration at the time they were doing it. All the questions at that time came from intelligence sources who were not sold on the WMD theory.

I'm not hearing any dissension from intelligence sources or cyber experts regarding the Russian hacking. The only folks denying Russia's involvement are Putin (the accused hacker), Assange (the accused disseminator of hacked info), and Trump (benefactor of the hacking and leaking of info).

If Obama were to use ginned-up intelligence, it only would have served him to do it before the election. For the intelligence to be manipulated now makes little strategic sense, whereas the manipulation of intelligence leading up to the Iraq war had a very clear aim.

To conflate Iraq's WMDs with Russia's cyber attack is like comparing apples and Oldsmobiles.
They've said that the hackers used "Russian code"

That's like saying Mexico was behind the hack because the computer was made in Mexico

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
hal9000 said:
squidley said:
squidley said:
hal9000 said:

Evidence from the current administration: A dozen or so intelligence agencies all agree, based on information they currently have, that Russia hacked DNC and RNC servers or emails.

Evidence from the incoming administration: Trump says it's fake, Putin is a good dude, and Barron can do anything with computers.
Actually, strike that. Now Trump says the hacking did happen:
I said "EVIDENCE", not this or that government person says so. I don't trust ANY of that crap, and neither should you or anyone else.

"EVIDENCE".

And like I keep saying, the charge is that Russia gave the "hacked" information from Hillary's unsecured computers to Asange. The information proved that Hillary illegally exposed classified information to our enemies. If Russia is guilty we should pin frigging medals on them.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
hal9000 said:
GromsDad said:
This is not a one or the other sort of thing. If only you were as outraged over the things exposed by Wikileaks I might be able to take you seriously.
Ok, so assuming that other state actors, nations, or agents of those nations, are engaging in cyber attacks and cyber espionage: what should the United States do about it, and what will/should Trump do about it?
Are you really this naieve???? Do you think our intelligence forces aren't cyber attacking and cyber snooping the governments of Russia, China, Iran, Isreal, India, Pakistan and every other nation on the planet? That's their freaking job. Those countries all have their own intelligence forces who's job it is to do the same to us. That is the way of the world. Quit whining over Russia doing it because your side lost the election. Where is your outrage over the things revealed in the Wikileaks emails????