The politics section is boring now

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Have you not beeing paying attention for the last 5 years?

Skully posted a few weeks ago something the lines of "I spent 4 years afraid of picking up the phone every morning and seeing what Trump did this time" and he even admitted that it wasn't healthy. So yeah, I think it's fair to say that Trump occupied a lot of mental and emotional bandwidth for a lot of people here.

Trump sucked royally, but it's not like he was some king or dictator that we have to live with for decades who instituted Prima Nocta and chopped up journalists in embassies. We could have it a lot worse.

I mean fook, look at the shitstorm that me posting this whipped up :ROFLMAO: Guess it's not so boring after all :ban:
You happy now grapedrink?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

CLOWN WORLD IS GROWING
Only exists on obscure subreddits!

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Of course people should care . . . . but you still haven't answered the question. At what point does it become unhealthy? Should people spend roughly half of their adult life in a constant rage spiral because their team is not in power?
"half of their life"

"constant spiral"

"unhealthy"

You are a walking mischaracterization.

Looser.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yes I am a happy person, regardless of who is in power, since I know how to not let politics affect my emotional health. Are you?
Whose emotional health is politics affecting and how?

Be specific.

Exaggeration, lies, mischaracterization, hyperbole..... you can do it all.

• Haha

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Snooze fest. Nothing interesting being discussed. Guess the nerves have calmed down not that Trump is out of the picture for the most part. No more emotionallly driven TDS inspired rage threads. Pretty much everything devolves into a GromsDad pile on while he goes into a cognitive dissonance spiral. Sad!

Oh well. Guess it’s a good thing, hopefully things improve with Biden. The cable news media is having this same conversation, once the Rona improves (assuming it does) it will be an even bigger snooze fest than this
Be the change we need, but not the change we deserve.

Feb 4, 2021
Am I the only one who tries not to discuss politics with my friends and relatives? I especially don't like to discuss it with my parents. We have completely different opinions about a lot of things in politics and we really don't understand each other. We recently had a fight over Caylan Ford's resignation. I think many people already know this news, but you can find out more details here https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/caylan-ford-resigns-ucp-candidate-1.5062198. After that fight, we didn't talk for more than a week, so now, if someone starts talking about politics, I just leave the room.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
What do you think about Facebook lifting the ban on political ads in the United States?
I hope it starts a dialog about you showing us your t!ts, and also a dialog about banning political advertising in the runup to elections.

I like college football and the Jacksonville media market serves Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia. So I have to hear 2x the bullshit on the teevees now that Georgia is a contested "swing" state.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Snooze fest. Nothing interesting being discussed. Guess the nerves have calmed down not that Trump is out of the picture for the most part. No more emotionallly driven TDS inspired rage threads. Pretty much everything devolves into a GromsDad pile on while he goes into a cognitive dissonance spiral. Sad!

Oh well. Guess it’s a good thing, hopefully things improve with Biden. The cable news media is having this same conversation, once the Rona improves (assuming it does) it will be an even bigger snooze fest than this
Time to move on - I'm on board with this guy :roflmao: :cheers:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
One time for the freedom of speeches (Speeches)

Two time for the right to hold heaters (Heaters)

Just skip to the fifth if the cops in your house

Close your mouth and pray to your Jesus (Jesus)