***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
You're the one who paid usd 1k for a mini malibu with condom fins for that special feel. :roflmao:

View attachment 165189

The board is trash. They just add some random design elements to make it "special" for the customer buying it.

The only thing stupider than midlengths are the people buying them. They had a run here too. Took about two seasons for people to realize they suck.
Au contriaire…1/2 the sticker price of $1495. So less than used ones go for and that’s in AUD so about the price of a couple of six packs of Bud Lite in USD.

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I gotta agree with casa, that didn't look very fun but in those conditions i'm not sure anything would look good. not sure what the best board for that would be.

I would not drive a sports car across sand dunes on the beach, I would not want to drive a lifted truck on a racetrack. some people seem to believe you must putt with your driver.

If you live in an area that gets good waves often and you don't want to surf crap, more power to you.

Reactions: trifish and Havoc

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
A true groveler - i.e. a board that redlines at waist high.

or

I have seen a Cybersim in those conditions and it was working great.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen those ridden at shitty south jetty. Never any longboards out there either. It’s got enough push for a performancey mid, if you’re into that sort of thing.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
I've mentioned this before and that CI vid sums it up. Mids don't make sense on small waves. A groveler allows you to generate speed easier or a longboard allows you to glide easier. Mids to me shine most on a decent size face where you have the room and time to use the extra rail length.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I've mentioned this before and that CI vid sums it up. Mids don't make sense on small waves. A groveler allows you to generate speed easier or a longboard allows you to glide easier. Mids to me shine most on a decent size face where you have the room and time to use the extra rail length.
This. My experience is mids come to life at head high and above. We used to call them semi guns.