***The Official GOP “Where Do We Go From Here?” Thread***

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

1610895259963.jpeg

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Can you please provide the source link for that cut and paste story you posted? You sir apparently are one of the left wing loons I was referring to.
Oh yeah, I'm the loon. :rolleyes: take your pick, there are dozens of stories like this. That particular quote is from this one:

Edit: I'm not saying they all believe it, but they are well aware of it and have certainly made accommodations for it. And they are catering to its believers. Your GOP has legitimised QAnon - you guys own it.

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Kind of odd for the enemies of one party to have a thread wringing their hands over the fate of their opposition.

Both parties at various times have been declared DONE. I have no doubt that the current party in power will fook up shortly and the pendulum will swing back the other direction. Honestly, I think the new party in power has already screwed the pooch to the point that the pendulum will be swinging the other direction very soon.
Depends on how the GOP intends to pull on the pendulum. There are demographic shifts that bode ill for the GOP. Why do you think they are hell bent on voter suppression and anti immigration reform? And attacking "liberal" ediucation? The sad thing is, with a few subtle policy (and tone) shifts the party could save itself. Instead Trump pushed it to an extreme position where his followers feel OK flying the rebel flag after storming the Capitol while wearing Q, Camp Auschwhitz and 6mwe shirts.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Trump is done, the Senate majority is lost and the party is fractured. Many are staying loyal to dear leader, others are looking to move on. Without talking about the Dems who have plenty of their own internal problems to work out, what does the future look like for the Grand Ole Party?

The future is bright. At least for the near term.

- The Dems are trying to impeach Trump to prevent him from being eligible for office, with a simple majority. I think the Supremes would probably decide this in Trump's favor, AND it is re-uniting the party already.

- The superficial observation is that the Dems have the House, Senate, and the Presidency, so Green New Deal. It's not happening. None of this sh!t is happening. The 45th-50th votes (at least, probably more like the last 10-15) on all the Progressive priorities are hard/fast f--k nos. This will disappoint the left wing of the (D) party hardcore

- The donors will be back the instant people aren't fixated on Trump's attempts to stage a coup. The donors are probably more pissed the coup failed, because the top bracket tax cut getting sh!t-canned is probably one of the more likely things to pass.

- The prospect of a minority woman as VP, the lack of Medicare for All or Green New Deal, and typical out-party midterm performance will give the GOP the House in 2 years

- The only growth stories in media right now are OAN and Newsmax poaching some of Fox's people. Fox is now NOT #1. Since a few days after the shitshow, it started losing to CNN and MSNBC. They moved Martha MacCallum out of the primetime slot to naptime, but the jig is up. Total purity or face mutiny.

- They have the Supreme Court and the Federal bench is STACKED with crazy-eyed zealots. Sure, they might not have said LOL Trump won in response to preposterously stupid lawsuits brought by his campaign, but wait for anything else to make us more like a Christian Saudi Arabia.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Can’t wait to see all the olive branches in the house and senate in the next year or so
The highlight for me will certainly be Susan Collins, after impeachment gets to the Senate, saying Trump learned his lesson and voting no, then probably also voting no on half of Biden's cabinet noms because they called McConnell a ghoulish tortoise on twitter.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
the sound of dinosaurs dying.

the older erBB crowd doesn’t like hearing that but it’s a cold harsh reality.

You don’t realize it because you’re old and out of touch and watch too much cable news.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
the sound of dinosaurs dying.

the older erBB crowd doesn’t like hearing that but it’s a cold harsh reality.

You don’t realize it because you’re old and out of touch and watch too much cable news.
Is there going to be a death rattle next week?

LBJ knew what was up. A generation? More like 100 years.

The second most votes in history were for the Trumpenfuhrer. We'll probably have been dead for 100 years before what you say comes to pass.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Is there going to be a death rattle next week?

LBJ knew what was up. A generation? More like 100 years.

The second most votes in history were for the Trumpenfuhrer. We'll probably have been dead for 100 years before what you say comes to pass.
it does seem to be taking a while. The willful ignorance is a stubborn feature in America.