***The Official GOP “Where Do We Go From Here?” Thread***

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

They would draw the crazies out of the Repub party, leaving the sane ones. The sane Repubs could position themselves as center-right and draw millions of moderates who voted for Biden because he was not Trump but would otherwise not vote Dem because of abortion or the squad or whatever.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

They would draw the crazies out of the Repub party, leaving the sane ones. The sane Repubs could position themselves as center-right and draw millions of moderates who voted for Biden because he was not Trump but would otherwise not vote Dem because of abortion or the squad or whatever.
I dunno. Supposedly Proud Bois turned on him, and now Qanon followers are too, they just don't understand why he didn't back them up and thrown Biden out and remain president. Just doesn't make sense.

Reactions: hal9000

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I dunno. Supposedly Proud Bois turned on him, and now Qanon followers are too, they just don't understand why he didn't back them up and thrown Biden out and remain president. Just doesn't make sense.
this is an interesting moment...

do they throw him under the bus in a moment of self-reflection and realization

-or-

do they throw him under the bus and double down on the fkn crazytrain

Reactions: enframed

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
It’d be great if the far right had their own party
And the far left too
It’ll never happen
IMHO it' d be "great" 50 years from now after the benefits of the necessary pain/sacrifices came to fruition.

If both parties agreed to jack up spending and cut taxes, it'd be bad. If they agreed to increase taxation and decrease spending, and that stopped piling onto the debt and set our fiscal house on a path back to stability and order, and that prolonged the dollar's status as world reserve currency, it would be good.

If the Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders foreign policy vision won out, I'd consider that a good thing. If the (D) hawks and Tom Cotton and Marco Rubio got their heads together, well I pity some children in Yemen and Venezuela and Iran and .......

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Oh yeah, I'm the loon. :rolleyes: take your pick, there are dozens of stories like this. That particular quote is from this one:

Edit: I'm not saying they all believe it, but they are well aware of it and have certainly made accommodations for it. And they are catering to its believers. Your GOP has legitimised QAnon - you guys own it.
Accommodations! If it's subject to the ADA we'll probably find it within the provisions for intellectual disabilities. I don't wanna race anyone to the bottom.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Bush led to Tea Party, which led to MAGA and Q.
no joke, I think you can draw a direct line between 2000s era Fred Durst nü metal and the modern 40-something, early 50-something aggro disaffected male who believes in conspiracy theories.

that douchey guy was in his 20s/early 30s back then. Now he’s just older, fatter, and drives a bigger pickup.

F6E370DA-2B4E-4C12-93A5-D026E5D610C5.png

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
no joke, I think you can draw a direct line between 2000s era Fred Durst nü metal and the modern 40-something, early 50-something aggro disaffected male who believes in conspiracy theories.

that douchey guy was in his 20s/early 30s back then. Now he’s just older, fatter, and drives a bigger pickup.

View attachment 104127
what a perfect unifying theory to stereotype people you don't like

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
The politics remain completely intact and untouched. Closing the border and sending the illegals back was a popular idea before Trump and it will continue to be popular after he's gone. Merit-based immigration reform remains popular. America First and telling the EU to GFY is still popular with a lot of people. Wanting a fair deal with our trading partners remains a popular idea. Drill,baby, drill is still a thing. Telling the SJWs "no" when they make their PC demands remains a thing. Etc, etc.

None of that has changed among those people, Trump's antics since the election notwithstanding. Nor is the legacy media going to regain its ability to manufacture consent. Divergent opinion and thoughtcrime will continue to grow.

Predictions of one part rule in perpetuity have been made by both parties before and they've been completely wrong about that every single time. This time will be no different. The right might not regain control in govt for a few years but they're not going anywhere, either. 2021 will not be the killshot that the liberals were hoping for.

Reactions: One-Off