***The Official GOP “Where Do We Go From Here?” Thread***

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Trump is done, the Senate majority is lost and the party is fractured. Many are staying loyal to dear leader, others are looking to move on. Without talking about the Dems who have plenty of their own internal problems to work out, what does the future look like for the Grand Ole Party?

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
this, via Ben Sasse, R-Nebraska:
"Until last week, many party leaders and consultants thought they could preach the Constitution while winking at QAnon. They can't. The GOP must reject conspiracy theories or be consumed by them. Now is the time to decide what this party is about.

The newly elected Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. She once ranted that 'there's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles out, and I think we have the president to do it.' During her campaign, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy had a choice: disavow her campaign and potentially lose a Republican seat, or welcome her into his caucus and try to keep a lid on her ludicrous ideas. McCarthy failed the leadership test and sat on the sidelines.

Now in Congress, Greene isn't going to just back McCarthy as leader and stay quiet. She's already announced plans to try to impeach Joe Biden on his first full day as president. She'll keep making fools out of herself, her constituents, and the Republican Party. If the GOP is to have a future outside the fever dreams of internet trolls, we have to call out falsehoods and conspiracy theories unequivocally. We have to repudiate people who peddle those lies."
"the fever dreams of internet trolls"....he's referring to Squidley and Gdad :roflmao:

Reactions: $kully and Woke AF

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
The newly elected Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. She once ranted that 'there's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles out, and I think we have the president to do it.'

Please, someone who believes in Trump, please explain to me when exactly Trump is working on taking out this "global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles?"

Anyone? Have any arrests been made? Has this cabal been connected to Epstein?

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Please, someone who believes in Trump, please explain to me when exactly Trump is working on taking out this "global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles?"

Anyone? Have any arrests been made? Has this cabal been connected to Epstein?
I’m pretty sure most conservatives know that this Q sh!t is total horseshit, but I’m also pretty sure that they know that they need to embrace any wackos that are willing to give them their vote. Same thing applies to other less savory groups like Nazis. They have trouble disavowing them because they need them.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I’m pretty sure most conservatives know that this Q sh!t is total horseshit, but I’m also pretty sure that they know that they need to embrace any wackos that are willing to give them their vote. Same thing applies to other less savory groups like Nazis. They have trouble disavowing them because they need them.
That's the saddest thing I've read in a long time. Identity politics at its worst.

Reactions: tacos

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The crazies vote like mad in the primaries.

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I might add, what's good for the goose is also good for the gander and then we end up, here for instance.
About the no longer grand at all party, it's at least, 4 years before it's gonna matter, I'm thinking 8-12. Where do you think AOC will be living in 12 years?

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
seriously !! ) :)

by Author Senator Ben Sasse !! )

The newly elected Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. She once ranted that “there’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take this global cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles out, and I think we have the president to do it.” During her campaign, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy had a choice: disavow her campaign and potentially lose a Republican seat, or welcome her into his caucus and try to keep a lid on her ludicrous ideas. McCarthy failed the leadership test and sat on the sidelines. Now in Congress, Greene isn’t going to just back McCarthy as leader and stay quiet. She’s already announced plans to try to impeach Joe Biden on his first full day as president. She’ll keep making fools out of herself, her constituents, and the Republican Party.

Last edited:

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Kind of odd for the enemies of one party to have a thread wringing their hands over the fate of their opposition.

Both parties at various times have been declared DONE. I have no doubt that the current party in power will fuck up shortly and the pendulum will swing back the other direction. Honestly, I think the new party in power has already screwed the pooch to the point that the pendulum will be swinging the other direction very soon.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
That Q thing only exists in the minds of a miniscule number of crazies on the right and in the minds of a huge number of left wing loons. Its a left wing strawman more than anything along the lines of the loons who think no plane crashed into the pentagon on 911. Most conservatives wouldn't even know what you are talking about when you mention it. The left tries to portray this as mainstream thought. If not for this dumb forum I never would have even heard of it.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
That Q thing only exists in the minds of a miniscule number of crazies on the right and in the minds of a huge number of left wing loons. Its a left wing strawman more than anything along the lines of the loons who think no plane crashed into the pentagon on 911. Most conservatives wouldn't even know what you are talking about when you mention it. The left tries to portray this as mainstream thought. If not for this dumb forum I never would have even heard of it.
it's sort of hilarious you would say that because Q certainly exists in the minds of your GOP Minority House Leader McCarthy, and most of your GOP Congress, because several of your newly minted GOP Congress folks have brought this nonsense into office with them. So, the "miniscule number of crazies" you are referring to includes 200 or so GOP Congresspersons. You basically have a Qanon GOP caucus with Greene and Boebert.

are there more crazies besides the ones you guys vote for?

A QAnon caucus
QAnon devotion will linger within the GOP long after Trump leaves office.
For one thing, it's already in the party's farm system. In the 2020 election, dozens of Republican candidates for local races all over the country flirted with the conspiracy theory. Dozens more held adjacent views and carried on other Trump-inspired conspiracy theories, from railing against the alleged fraud of mail-in ballots to wearing masks. Many of these candidates lost races in Democratic-leaning districts, but others, such as the Q-curious Dave Armstrong of the Wisconsin state assembly, won comfortably.
And now, some of these conspiracy-minded politicians have moved up to the major leagues in Washington.
"It's like Trump looked for the most gullible members, found the Freedom Caucus, and decided even they weren't up for the job so he cooked up this mutated QAnon caucus," said one GOP operative.

Reactions: Mr Doof

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
it's sort of hilarious you would say that because Q certainly exists in the minds of your GOP Minority House Leader McCarthy, and most of your GOP Congress, because several of your newly minted GOP Congress folks have brought this nonsense into office with them. So, the "miniscule number of crazies" you are referring to includes 200 or so GOP Congresspersons. You basically have a Qanon GOP caucus with Greene and Boebert.

are there more crazies besides the ones you guys vote for?
Can you please provide the source link for that cut and paste story you posted? You sir apparently are one of the left wing loons I was referring to.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Can you please provide the source link for that cut and past story you posted? You sir apparently are one of the left wing loons I was referring to.
Everyday you get dumber, there is no bottom for you,