The left wants Joe Rogan shut down.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Are you getting enough protein?

After 50 you need more protein than you did at 30 to maintain muscle.

Though the TRT might change things.

Are you taking an anti-estrogen?
I get plenty of protein. A lot.

I haven’t needed an estrogen blocker because I don’t present any of the effects that would trigger the need.

Basically I was running this body into the ground and decided to get biological enhancement rather than slow down.

I had already taken care of the low hanging fruit and truth be told my T levels were in the “normal” range. But the wheels were coming off so why not?

im glad I waited until 50.

i can train hard and recover quickly. I sleep better.

only draw back is that I gained weight.

Reactions: Autoprax

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
How “common” is it? :unsure:

If they are, is it because they want a quick fix for their insecurities or because their T levels are abnormally low for their age?

If the latter, we do know that T has been declining. Whether that’s from increasing obesity, plastics in the oceans and food supply, the ease of daily life where we don’t have to hunt our food and fight neighboring tribes, I’m not sure. Probably all of the above.

Criticizing someone for going to a doctor and being prescribed a medically appropriate use and dose of hormones is like criticizing someone with cancer for getting chemo. It’s gross.
did someone make fun of people who have a medical need for T? I suggested it’s not at all the norm so the idea that a guy like Rogan taking it for non-medical reasons probably don’t fly. This said, I have very little JR knowledge and have no idea if or why he takes testosterone.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
did someone make fun of people who have a medical need for T? I suggested it’s not at all the norm so the idea that a guy like Rogan taking it for non-medical reasons probably don’t fly. This said, I have very little JR knowledge and have no idea if or why he takes testosterone.
I'm willing to bet that T and HGH therapy will become the norm in the next decade

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I'm willing to bet that T and HGH therapy will become the norm in the next decade
It's expensive.

I don't want to do because I don't want to spend the money. Your head gets fat and your upper stomach gets bloated too

But its fun to be all strong

And if you are old who care?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The main reason TRT isn’t ubiquitous for the over 50 crowd now is because there’s a bit of a stigma around it still. People consider it cheating. In sanctioned sports it is cheating usually but in life the only thing you‘re cheating are some aspects of aging.

The reason it’s illegal in most sports is because it works.

I dont know jack sh!t about hgh so can’t speak to that.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The main reason TRT isn’t ubiquitous for the over 50 crowd now is because there’s a bit of a stigma around it still. People consider it cheating. In sanctioned sports it is cheating usually but in life the only thing you‘re cheating are some aspects of aging.

The reason it’s illegal in most sports is because it works.

I dont know jack sh!t about hgh so can’t speak to that.
That, and TRT gets lumped in with HGH and all of the other 'roid spinoffs, some of which probably do have some legitimate health risks. Plus all of the messaging about "ROID RAGE" in all of the after school specials growing up. Guilt by association.

Bio identical testosterone is far safer than the vast majority of substances within any pharmacy.

Reactions: hal9000

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
That, and TRT gets lumped in with HGH and all of the other 'roid spinoffs, some of which probably do have some legitimate health risks. Plus all of the messaging about "ROID RAGE" in all of the after school specials growing up. Guilt by association.

Bio identical testosterone is far safer than the vast majority of substances within any pharmacy.

I'd guess that some kind of low-dose therapy would work for a lot of people and would probably prevent abuse. Maybe? IDK, I'm mostly just making sh!t up.

Reactions: grapedrink

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Isn’t T supplementation a lifetime commitment? I thought your balls stop producing all together so if you do quit taking it down the line, your T is even lower. Because your balls have given up doing the work due to the supplementation. I believe it also increases the risk of prostate cancer and blood clots?

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Isn’t T supplementation a lifetime commitment? I thought your balls stop producing all together so if you do quit taking it down the line, your T is even lower. Because your balls have given up doing the work due to the supplementation. I believe it also increases the risk of prostate cancer and blood clots?
Just tried to look up the above. Seems there is disagreement.

“While there is currently no evidence to suggest the existence of any link between testosterone replacement therapy and prostate cancer, the use of this treatment is not completely without risk. For instance, some men may experience immediate side effects, such as breathing disturbances during sleep, breast swelling or tenderness, ankle swelling and acne. Many physicians also monitor their testosterone replacement patients for high red blood cell counts, which can increase the risk of blood clots. Additionally, long-term testosterone replacement therapy is associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular problems, including heart attacks and strokes, particularly in older men.”

Hell if I know.