The Jordan Peterson Thread

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
For that to happen, you first have to accept that bigotry is an 'idea' worthy of having in civil discourse.

I'm not sure I'm ready.
Cool. Bring the Evangelicals, the Hasidic, the Sunni, the Shia, the Zoroastrian, the Sufi, the Buddhist, the Hindu, The Catholic, the Orthodox, the Reggaemons et el. You have come down the mountain and showed them all the way. All these people have crazy ideas about sex and wieners and shellfish and reciprocity and swine. So do you. You've decided to dispense of their ideas for them. What shall you be anointed in M'Lord? How does a man get to be as aggrieved as thee? Surely thy hast had grand adventures to come to this! Tell me more, slayer of dragons! Huzzah!!! How can I clear a path through all of these maidens throwing themselves at you? Look at my hoop and stick. Take a gander at my tam o' shanter!

• Haha
Reactions: HatterasGlass

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Here is the problem.

The left has legitimate gripes.

But some of the ideas coming from left are nutty.

I think JP is on the spectrum, and that is part of why he grates.

Meanwhile, the far right is going to make it harder for poor brown sluts from having professionals kill their babies in utero.

That is some crazy right wing sh!t.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
His target audience is young men who had weak fathers or no fathers in the home. I've watched the young guys at work who like Peterson. It's incredibly sad.

Re: Jung.

I recommend Jordanetics. /thread
You underestimate the adaptability of humans.

Lots of people have inconsistent caregivers in childhood and they figure it out.

We are wired to over come the absent father.

The same way we are wired to overcome the death of a loved one.

I'm going to guess and say 10% of guys cannot overcome this adversity. 10% seems like a magic number.

90% figure it out. That is an A-. I'll take it.

Wisdom of the lemon tree taught me that nature likes to hedge its bets.

Lots of lemons don't make it.

Last edited:

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
JP practically wrote the Alt-Right playbook, which is widely adopted, from Proud Bois to Richard Spencer.

From ranting about white male victimhood, culture wars, bootstrapping, to Neo-Marxist nonsense and of course alt-right's most pressing issue, transgender people.
Nah - he's just one of the few calling it all out publicly as the complete horse$hit that it is.
He's calling you out - and you can't stand it.

Those who have a sinister axe to grind with the shove-my feewings-down-your-throat at the barrell of a gun or a shreaking shrill likely can line up behind it - but not because he is asking them to.

Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Nah - he's just one of the few calling it all out publicly as the complete horse$hit that it is.
He's calling you out - and you can't stand it.

Those who have a sinister axe to grind with the shove-my feewings-down-your-throat at the barrell of a gun or a shreaking shrill likely can line up behind it - but not because he is asking them to.
How do you feel about the excesses of the right?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
You underestimate the adaptability of humans.

Lots of people have inconsistent caregivers in childhood and they figure it out.

We are wired to over come the absent father.

The same way we are wired to overcome the death of a loved one.

I'm going to guess and say 10% of guys cannot overcome this adversity. 10% seems like a magic number.

90% figure it out. That is an A-. I'll take it.

Wisdom of the lemon tree taught me that nature likes to hedge its bets.

Lots of lemons don't make it.
Wrong. The data is in here:

One of the reasons Peterson is so popular is that so many people in authority gaslight young men about the problems they face. Don't be part of the problem.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
white supremacism - real, actual, quantifiable
anti transgender violence - real, actual, quantifiable
(forget the other thing you all are upset about)

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

One of the reasons Peterson is so popular is that so many people in authority gaslight young men about the problems they face. Don't be part of the problem.
Correlation isn't causation.

Mulit variate.

John Gray is a kook.

Gray received an unaccredited PhD degree by correspondence in 1982 from Columbia Pacific University (CPU), a now-defunct institution located in San Rafael, California upon completion of a correspondence course[6][8][9] and an honorary doctorate from Governors State University in Illinois after he delivered their commencement address in 2002.
[6]

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017

Does disproportionately incarcerating african american men help this boy crisis?

Reactions: Woke AF

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

Cultural conservatism distilled. In case anyone doesn't remember, John Gray is the Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus guy. Did really well on the daytime talk show circuit back in the day.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Cultural conservatism distilled. In case anyone doesn't remember, John Gray is the Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus guy. Did really well on the daytime talk show circuit back in the day.
My ex who got a real Player Hater Degree in psychology from a real university would make fun of his fake PHD.

That he'd call himself doctor is a tell.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Here is the problem.

The left has legitimate gripes.

But some of the ideas coming from left are nutty.

I think JP is on the spectrum, and that is part of why he grates.

Meanwhile, the far right is going to make it harder for poor brown sluts from having professionals kill their babies in utero.

That is some crazy right wing sh!t.
The few academics I know who are on the higher end of academia have said they were shocked by how many of their peers seem to be on the spectrum. It is the perfect environment for them. They get to obsess over their work without idiots bothering them.
Peterson is a smug asshole, being on the spectrum doesn't make you that and in my experience, most academics are not jerks.

Weird how you keep defending this jr. varsity level academic, self-help proud boi guru. He has no integrity in that he has no concern for the people he is helping becoming empowered angry people who purposely direct their anger towards perceived less powerful groups in society.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
My ex who got a real Player Hater Degree in psychology from a real university would make fun of his fake PHD.

That he'd call himself doctor is a tell.
At this point I'm skeptical of any "doctor" or "expert" that writes books and does the talk show (and now podcast) circuit.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Weird how you keep defending this jr. varsity level academic, self-help proud boi guru.
He was a Proud Boy guru maybe back when it was a safe space for ifallalot to tell PG-rated jokes. I can see Jordan Peterson getting coal rolled on him by a Fall 2020 Proud Boy with an obscured license plate while trying to explain he's a conservative in his Kermity-voice.

We've got Stephen Miller and Bannon and Sheriff Joe Arpaio...

He's the alt-light. He's minor. The Twitter Left IS overly triggered by this guy.

Reactions: ElOgro and Autoprax