The Great Unbiased Wetsuit Review Thread

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I haven't been able to surf much, it feels like Russian roulette picking a wetsuit with all the temp swings.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
2mil full season bro! 2 weeks - 2 months
OB buoy water temp reading has been 64 for a least month now:foreheadslap: Agree here in 805 I wear my 2mm ss full most usually from April to June then vest and again in September (sometimes later) to December:shaka:

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
1 full season in on the technodank 3 psycho 1 and I’m pretty stoked on it. Held up much better than some of my other super flexible suits.

wonderibg if the water is gonna go full warmup mode or derp back into the high50s. current water temps put me in wetsuit limbo.
I have two of these 4/3s, which I wear year round up here in SF. First one is going on its third full year and still keeps me warm. Worth the $, if you ask me.

Oh wait, I have the Psycho Techs.

Last edited:

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I love my Psycho Tech, but I'm not in love with Oneill hoods in general, they flush way to much. I have a mutant, that I really like too, but for me the hood is it's biggest weakness, fortunately I can remove the hood on that suit. What hoods do you guys like, other than Oneill, maybe one of those cap types would be perfect.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I love my Psycho Tech, but I'm not in love with Oneill hoods in general, they flush way to much. I have a mutant, that I really like too, but for me the hood is it's biggest weakness, fortunately I can remove the hood on that suit. What hoods do you guys like, other than Oneill, maybe one of those cap types would be perfect.
I have not worn a hood suit in a ling time but was pleasantly surprised at how well my new 'bong furnace 4/3 front zip performed. I had zero flush on oh windy day and bezt no run off water in eye even though hood has just little rim around. Really like the gasket design and warmth of suit but only time tell how good stands up after a season or two of use.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Who’s gonna try one of these?

Reactions: MathDebater

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
I pair an Xcel hooded rashy vest with a 4+ Hyperfreak. Works well for water temps in the mid 50s.

Last edited:

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Who’s gonna try one of these?
I only see the under 18 subset wearing Buell and is probably why the junior's sizes are the first ones sold out. I hear they're really good suits though.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
I only see the under 18 subset wearing Buell and is probably why the junior's sizes are the first ones sold out. I hear they're really good suits though.
Yea I've never really liked the branding of them. I was thinking of picking up a 5/4 from them for when I go back to the PNW next winter as they are reasonably priced and have good reviews.

Mar 1, 2010
quick question.. I have two pretty significant creases from shipping i'm assumming on my smoothy of a new 3/2 psychotech. will they work themselves out? will they affect the suit warmth wise durability wise? i've had creases on the regular rubber b4 on suits but the smoothy is a different type of rubber of course. i could return it but finding another one will be next to impossible

• Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars