THE GOODS

Mr Pecker

OTF status
Nov 6, 2021
Been told from proper hillbillies that these are the type to get. Ive never used one anyone know?Ruixin Pro Sharp RX-009 (Upgrade)

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Darn Tough socks. Made in America. Lifetime guarantee. Can't beat 'em.

Them or Smart Wool. And I forget where I first posted how rad the shoes they wore to kill Ben Laden were imo but I just checked Amazing to see how old my pair was that gets worn pretty much daily until winter and they will be three years old and going strong in a month.

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
$25 for a pair of socks is ridic

These are made from bamboo and the shizzlenit:

Best boots for men who work:

A handsaw that can rival a chainsaw:

Kickass machete thats cheap, good steel, and comes sharp:

Great way to open green coconuts when you're on a surf trip:

These are great for all kinds of gardening activities and weeding:

Complete your gardening arsenal with some Felco pruning shears:

Get in the zen mode with some nice Japanese hedge shears from Stihl, these things can be sharpened wicked sharp:

Last edited:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
$25 for a pair of socks is ridic

These are made from bamboo and the shizzlenit:

Best boots for men who work:

A handsaw that can rival a chainsaw:

Kickass machete thats cheap, good steel, and comes sharp:

Great way to open green coconuts when you're on a surf trip:

These are great for all kinds of gardening activities and weeding:

Complete your gardening arsenal with some Felco pruning shears:

Get in the zen mode with some nice Japanese hedge shears from Stihl, these things can be sharpened wicked sharp:

Before she gave up outdoor gardening, my stepmom always raved about the hori Japanese digging/weeding tool I got her for birthday

as for socks bro. It turns out I really like wool socks and SM/DT last a wicked long time. I also really like the United States of America and like to support US based manufacturing, design and companies. Especially small ones making kick ass product. So in conclusion it’s worth the extra money to me to purchase a durable, comfortable wool sock that’s not made by some sketchy foreigner

Reactions: slipped_disc

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
FWIW the Darn Tough lifetime guarantee means that whenever/if you put a hole in them, they’ll replace them for free. Good value IMO.
I havent put a hole in any of mine including the thin casual ones, DT or SM. Definitely got my monkeys worth and ngl bw that and being lazy if one did get a whole I’d just sew it bro

• Love
Reactions: slipped_disc

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Back to the knives. I inherited these Japanese carving knives from my Grandma. Nothing comes close to their sharpness. I bought a Stanley chisel made in England because I was told they were the best and it's good but does not compare. They are really easy to sharpen too. I should take better care of them.

IMG_9032.JPG

IMG_9033.JPG

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Back to the knives. I inherited these Japanese carving knives from my Grandma. Nothing comes close to their sharpness. I bought a Stanley chisel made in England because I was told they were the best and it's good but does not compare. They are really easy to sharpen too. I should take better care of them.

View attachment 166584

View attachment 166585
Yes you should take care of them especially since they’re family heirlooms bro.

I got lucky at antique store I stopped at driving cross country (WV?) and scored some vintage tools at such a good price I almost felt guilty about it

IMG_0224.jpeg

Reactions: Mr Doof and Icu812

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
+1

best paired with Feather Brand Blades...
[img:center]http://malegrooming.com.au/media/catalog/product/f/e/featherblade.jpg[/img]

And check out the Imperial Brand shaving soap I posted on the first page. Super good quality and rinses super clean. Made in Los Angeles. Think it's like $10 a bar and I'm still on my first bar and it's been well over a year. I bought two more just in case they stop making it.

Since I've been wet shaving I've gotten a considerably better shave that I enjoy for considerably less money than I used to spend on all the bullshiat gillette products. With no plastic waste.
No joke I’m still using the same imperial shaving soap from this post in 2014. Disclaimer I only shave once a week or so.

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura